Love Resolution (Black Cat Records, #3) by…

Love Resolution (Black Cat Records, #3)

by Michelle Mankin

821,035,133 (3.67)None

Read this review and more at Books and Insomnia

A great conclusion to a great trilogy. Michelle Mankin really rocked it with Love Resolution. I couldn't put it down!

Our rocker couple, Avery and Marcus, from Love Revolution continues their story in this book. And boy, what a story it was! It was beautiful and frustrating and intense and swoony. There were the things that we loved about Avery and Marcus and more. New characters, new conflicts, new music!

What I liked the most about Avery and Marcus was that they bring out the best in each other. They were better persons when they're together. Marcus, even more. Avery brought out the tenderness in him that not many people can see. It was only frustrating that Marcus was often plagued with doubt that he wasn't good enough for Avery. Often times I just wanted to kick Marcus in the balls shin because of his stupidity and shitty decisions.

Now, Bryan. I don't know if I love or hate this guy. I think his attraction to Avery was cute. I would've even rooted for him if there was no Marcus. He's caring and sensitive and he was a friend to Avery when she needed one. Heck, he even saved her life. But yeah, the chemistry just wasn't there. So, no go. Meh.

Aside from all the sexiness and almost love triangle thing, the drama hooked me in. A lot of times Love Resolution made my heart ache. I wanted to pull my hair out when Marcus broke up with Avery. The pain felt too real. I cried with Avery while I wanted to kill Marcus.

Then there's also the family issue. It's not all love and rock and roll. Avery's past was something that molded her into the strong woman that she is now. And by confronting that past and forgiving, she found completeness.

Michelle Mankin sure knows how to write her NA. I liked the intensity. The scenes were definitely mature and sexy but they were written beautifully. I liked the atmosphere and feel of the story. The sexual tension between Avery and Brian was so palpable. And so were the pain and anger of the characters. The stress of the tour, too. (I never imagined concert tours were like that. I've always thought the stars only experience the glamour and glitz of being celebrities. This book introduced me to the ugly side of being a rock star on tour.) The family angle was also well played. I liked how things ended with Avery and her father. No one would blame her if she chose not to forgive him, but she did. And that kindness was why I love Avery Jones. (Aside from the fact that she's a rocking guitarist.)

Love Resolution is one hell of a book. Do I even need to say that I totally recommend it? Rock on!

Favorite lines:

“Unforgiveness is an insidious thing, Avery. It never ends up hurting the other person half as much as the one harboring it. It’s the poisonous pill you swallow hoping the other person will die.”

"He doesn’t deserve you. But thank God, love isn’t always about getting what you deserve. Sometimes you get better."

"It was more like a part of me died when she did. When you have that kind of love for someone…when they know everything about you, the good and the bad…and still love you…You never get over it. You go on…eventually, but not as the same person you were before. The man I was with Trisha…I had to finally let him go. I couldn’t be him anymore.”
  julietearjerky | May 6, 2014 |
3.25 Tentative Stars! Love Resolution was a fantastically emotional book! I was told it could be read as a standalone novel, so that's what I did. I DO NOT recommend that. I was confused and lost for some of the book. I had no clue who was what, or what everyone looked like. I had no clue until 3/4 of the book how Avery got into the band.. etc. I think I could easily raise the star count if I read the first two books then this one. Mankin is a wonderful writer, I love the duel povs, and the plot is very interesting.

The angst in this book was definitely heart stopping because the story line was so realistic. The relationships that were fixed in this book was very heartwarming. And while this book has some sex scenes, I felt that they were hot while being genre (new adult) specific. Both of the MCs are likable and their love for one another is tangible. (Though some of the book you want to kick one of them in the nether-regions!) The best part was the song lyrics that were added to the book. They were fantastic.. the only bad thing is that I can't hear anyone sing them :(

The story leaves us on a happy note and really wanting more at the same time! ( )
  asgwilli | Dec 2, 2013 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,075,039 books! | Top bar: Always visible