Until the Darkness Comes by Kevin Brooks

Until the Darkness Comes

by Kevin Brooks

811,035,133 (4.33)None
British (1) crime (1) library (1) read (1) to-read (1)

I don't know how I feel about this book. I liked it, but I didn't.

It's even more brutal than the first, yet I still read it to the end, flinching at the thought of all of that pain. I'm not a violent person, I don't like violence at all and it makes me uncomfortable to read it.
Until the Darkness Comes makes me want to drink whiskey and I don't even like the stuff that much. A nice one like Ballantines.

Kevin Brooks continues with his wonderful writing style, and PI John Craine's voice really comes through.

And it was fantastic to read more about Hale island. This book answers questions that I was left wondering about after [b:Lucas|636197|Lucas|Kevin Brooks|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1348122998s/636197.jpg|2395659] and if you haven't read it, read it. This sordid little island was the perfect place for both books to be set. ( )
  Corazie | Jul 25, 2013 |

The compelling new novel from the author of A Dance of Ghosts.

It's the weekend of Halloween, and PI John Craine has temporarily closed down his business and gone to stay in a rundown old hotel on Hale Island -- a small, bleak island just off the coast of Essex. He's come to Hale to get away from it all -- the memories and the guilt, and a past that just won't let go.

All too soon Craine stumbles across the dead body of a young girl on the beach. He calls the police, but when they arrive the body has inexplicably disappeared -- or did Craine imagine it in the first place? Determined to get to the truth, Craine starts to ask his own questions. And once more he finds himself tangled up in a deadly network of corruption, fear and violence. But it seems no one on the island is talking.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:24 -0400)

It's the weekend of Halloween, and PI John Craine has temporarily closed down his business and gone to stay in a rundown old hotel on Hale Island - a small, bleak island just off the coast of Essex. He's come to Hale to get away from it all - the memories and the guilt, and a past that just won't let go.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,087,340 books! | Top bar: Always visible