By a Thread by R.L. Griffin

By a Thread

by R.L. Griffin

192537,190 (5)None

"She was held together by a thread. Not even a strong fishing wire, but the kind of thread that could fray and break in the wind. A thread that could unravel at any moment, scattering and smashing all the pieces of her that she as trying desperately to keep together."

I am always apprehensive with reading books from new authors, especially when it's their first book. Just like usual, I am blown away by R.L. Griffin! She writes with the right amount of heart and imagination! This book could not be any better!

I experienced so much with this book! Heartbreak. Loss. Longing. Love. Rejection. Heartbreak again. Love. This is truly a story of a woman trying to find her way back in to "living" after losing the one thing she lived for. I found myself forgetting that this was just a book, not something my friend was going through. It's so well written and intriguing. I could not put it down!

Poor Stella. She has lost her fiance. She is in a place where she doesn't know anyone. She has been lucky enough to have her new roommates, who were strangers to her, being her rocks through such a horrible tragedy. She goes through the emotions and grief as anyone would. She denies herself the life she should be living. Just trying to move on and live life is the hardest thing for her. Then, love finds her again. But like anyone else, she denies it. She runs from it. She refuses to give in to it. The love of her life is gone and there is no one else who can fill that void. Will she find that happiness or will she find that her life as she thought it was, was never really as it seemed?

I can't seem to put in to words how wonderful this book is! Just take my word for it.... You will not regret reading this book!

For a teaser and giveaway of a signed paperback of this book, hop over to my blog!

http://upallnightbookaddict.blogspot.com/2013/03/rl-griffin-giveaway.html ( )
  UANBookAddict | Dec 3, 2015 |
I have been in a book slump for a while now and have finally found a book that grabs you from the prologue and holds on long after the last page. This book left me with that awesome book buzz that you get after a really great story with an awesome reveal. Even though I suspected the reveal for the entire story it still grabs you and squeezes your heart. I've not been able to get Stella, George, Patrick and Jamie out of my head. The next book in this series will knock every other book off my TBR list and will be read on release day. I cannot wait to see how Stella, George and Jamie's story plays out. This is so much more than a love story, there is suspense and government agencies and undercover operatives and sexy bartenders all in my hometown Old Town Alexandria/Washington DC.

Stella has spent 4 years of her life trying to get over the death of her first and only love with the help of her roommate and best friends Patrick and Billy. Her best friend from law school Millie and her new love George come into her life as she is trying to recover. Once she realizes she can feel love again, it ends with George and she tries to "be the hero" in her own story and live for herself and not just get through the painful reality of what life has dealt her she is literally blown up and shot. Read this book NOW! It is dark and sad and it has so many elements and supporting characters that it would spoil the reveals to explain them all here.

sharonhd | Mar 13, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,743,548 books! | Top bar: Always visible