The Other Marlowe Girl (Marlowe Girls) by…

The Other Marlowe Girl (Marlowe Girls)

by Beth Fred

831,035,133 (4.25)None

Another 4 star Beth Fred Read.

I absolutely adored this book! I did not like Kammy in the first book (I thought she was a spoiled little brat) but in this one I half way felt sorry for her. I absolutely adored Enrique and thought this was a brilliant read. Quite strange the relationship to Luke and Tiffany but it worked. I can't wait for the next one in this series to be released. ( )
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
The lesson of a young woman, who did what they do when they are young and foolish! She acted on impulse and married the wrong man. A man that was her sister's boyfriend.
Now the path she chose was a destructive one, in more ways than one...that is, bad marriage, destroyed hotel room, drug dealers. It was rather funny, although quite serious how she treated that drug dealer, bouncy check, and cubic zerconia.
While she is drowning her sorrows in a bar, she meets quite the Gentleman, who end up rescuing her more than once. He turns our to be the brother-in-law of her Sister...the one she stole the boyfriend from. Loved the coincidence!
The book is a very fast and enjoyable read, and you can do it in one sitting.

I received this book I Am A Reader, Not A Writer, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Apr 24, 2013 |
The Other Marlowe Girl is Tiffany's story, Kammy's younger sister. A few years have passed since the events that took place in book one. Tiffany has always been a little on the wild side, which has gotten her in trouble more than once, but when her sorry ex-husband gets himself in deep with a drug dealer, Tiffany finds herself in a really bad place. On top of that, her mom kicks her out of the house. She winds up in a bar where she meets Enrique, who is really hot by the way. One thing leads to another and despite her reservations, Tiffany and Enrique begin to date. Determined to pay back the money she owes, Tiffany makes some more bad decisions that could cost her everything.

The Other Marlowe Girl is quite entertaining. It is a novella, so it's really not that long, but there is quite a bit of entertaining romance packed into the pages. I enjoyed getting to know both Tiffany and Enrique's character, as well as getting to see what was going on with Luke and Kammy. This can definitely be read as a stand alone, but I found it nice to be privy to the more detailed background provided in the first novella before going into the second. The Other Marlowe Girl also read like a movie you would see on Hallmark, and I really enjoyed it. Beth Fred seems to have a talent for these kind of stories. This is a really great short and romantic read that contemporary romance fans would enjoy. ( )
  alwaysyaatheart | Apr 23, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,858,721 books! | Top bar: Always visible