The Pigeon Needs a Bath! by Mo Willems

The Pigeon Needs a Bath!

by Mo Willems

Recently added bylegasdia, Hschween, private library, sutton_josee, lewash15, ashtenlink18, kntc, Mrs.Meyer

Category/genre: Children's picture book
notable: use of personification

Mo Willems creates another humorous story about a pigeon who desperately needs a bath. The pigeon is down right dirty and as many other animals express how dirty he is, the pigeon stubbornly refuses to take a bath. As events lead up the pigeon will soon realize the importance of taking a bath and why its great to be clean. Students will find the use of personification in this story humorous and entertaining. I would love to share this with younger ages as they struggle with learning the same concept. ( )
  Diana.Vigil | May 1, 2017 |
Would be a perfect book for the early reading library. My kids love this book and enjoy talking back to it. i think the simple illustrations are unique and I like them. They are simple and not cluttering the page. Great book for early readers to help build their confidence in reading.
  kannefarmer | Dec 5, 2016 |
No one at my house is currently an Early Reader. But I always look for Willems' books at the library, and check them out if they're in (they don't stay on the shelves long at all). I've now written about forty-seven versions of this but one more can't hurt: they're funny, the drawings are incredibly expressive, and I love Willems. And so do the kids.

Library copy. ( )
  Kaethe | Oct 16, 2016 |
Such a fun book! The kids love Mo Willems and this book makes them laugh out loud. The different text styles used in the book allow students to interpret tone and expression. The illustrations also help them infer what Pigeon is feeling throughout the book.

Pigeon uses his skill in persuasion to try and convince the reader he does not need a bath. Throughout the story he tries to convince the reader that he does not need a bath using humor and expression. By the end, he realizes that baths are not so bad afterall. ( )
  Kelleighk1 | Sep 22, 2016 |
Another humorous book by Mo Willems! The pigeon books are a great way to teach children about perspective and argumentative writing. As the author and illustrator, he gets great use from the endpages to help the reader understand more behind the scenes. His illustrations seem simple, but are funny and to the point. I love reading these books and so do the young children I work with! ( )
  Chafkins | Sep 18, 2016 |

The Pigeon is dirty and he needs a bath, but he won't go willingly.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,925,315 books! | Top bar: Always visible