Suddenly Royal by Nichole Chase

Absolutely adorable! This was such a cute book. For me, it had just the right touch of whimsy and romance, and was a nice palatte cleanser after 6 months of non-stop GoT. My one gripe was how one-dimensional Alex was. He was kind of just an avatar that had actions and ideas projected onto him. Still liked his interactions with Sam but I would have loved a more in depth look at exactly what his work entailed, or his side of the leaked photo scandal which you surprisingly never get.

But yeah, totally adorable and I'm already looking for the next book in this series! Just wish it was more about these two, and not another couple. ( )
  GoldenDarter | Sep 15, 2016 |
I discovered this title under Amazon's newly instated "New Adult" category and was intrigued from the get go. I had high hopes this wouldn't just be some Princess Diaries rip off and I wasn't disappointed. We begin in the typical college town atmosphere in the heart of winter. There are the usual formulas, the best friends and the smart-ace whiplash kind of heroine that tends to populate this genre. But Sam is much more than your typical heroine. She's got a tender and fragile heart underneath, and a bucket of brains that can hold their own to any royals. Then came the shocker. I wasn't expecting for the tables to be turned and Sam and Alex to find such a strong connection. I confess I was waiting for the typical plot devices. He would be a playboy (which he...emphasis-WAS). Or the queen would disapprove and try to split them up. Nope. Neither was there any political intrtigue or trouble with the Steward or the half dozen other directions Chase could have taken her novel. I found my respect for her as an author growing for daring to tell so simple a realistic fairy tale. But then the wonderful thing happened. I found myself falling in love with Lilaria and its people. And then of course there is Alex. It's a beautiful thing watching him sincerely chase after her. It's also refreshing to read about a guy who's tired of the b.s and actually work to win a girl he wants to marry. Not just jump in the sack with, but actually be with. They were hot and heavy yet sweet and endearing as a couple to read about, without getting over the top. I'll end this without rambling on as I am inclined to do. This is just that sort of a book. Unexpectedly, when I wasn't looking, Suddenly Royal wormed its way into my reader's heart and doesn't look to be jumping ship anytime soon. Team Prince Yummy! ;) ( )
  JSilverwood | Aug 27, 2016 |
I absolutely adored Suddenly Royal. It’s sort of like Princess Diaries for grownups!

I love Samantha! She’s very laid back, and only wants to succeed in her dreams. Her mother passed away, and her step-father is sick. So when this royals of Lilaria come in and tell her that she’s actually a Duchess, she’s not sure how to handle the news. Alex is freaking adorable!!! He’s persistent, but doesn’t do anything to make Samantha feel uncomfortable. Even the secondary characters were amazing.

Events progress at a quick pace. Everything happens in a whirlwind. Arrangements have to be made, and Samantha does a great job of acclimating. I love the teasing that goes on between Samantha and Alex. It’s sweet, and sometimes dirty. But the banter between these two is pretty funny.

Suddenly Royal is a fun read. Perfect when you want something happy and flirty. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
5 out of 5 stars!! I could not get enough of this novel! Samantha & Alex were such a sweet pair and I loved their story. I can't wait to see where this series is going.

Just a warning though ... I cried a lot reading through it. ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Mar 21, 2016 |
  rosetyper9 | Nov 12, 2015 |

Samantha Rousseau is used to getting her hands dirty. Working on a master's degree in wildlife biology while helping take care of her sick father, she has no time for celebrity gossip, designer clothes, or lazy vacations. So when a duchess from the small country of Lilaria invites her to dinner, Samantha assumes it's to discuss a donation for the program. The truth will change the course of her life in ways she never dreamed. As crown prince of Lilaria, Alex D'Lynsal has had his share of scandalous headlines, but the latest pictures in the press have sent him packing to America and forced him to swear off women. That is, until he meets Samantha Rousseau. She's stubborn, feisty, and incredibly sexy. Not to mention heiress to an estate in his country, which makes her everyone's front-page news. While Sam tries to navigate her new world of politics and wealth, she will also have to dodge her growing feelings for Alex. Giving in to them means more than just falling in love; it would mean accepting the weight of an entire country on her shoulders.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,135,392 books! | Top bar: Always visible