Redwood Violet by Robin Mahle

Redwood Violet

by Robin Mahle

ebook (2) fiction (1) free-reads (1) Kindle (3) kindle-free (1) M (1) mystery (1) suspense (1) to-read (18) top (1) want (1)

I almost stopped reading this book. I like a book to be more than dialogue. I like description and development of character. This book centers on a young woman plagued with recurring nightmares, only to discover that as a child she was abducted and raped. The book finishes just as Katie Reid remembers the face of her abductor. This reminds me of The Fugitive series where the one armed man is spotted and within reach. The events are trite. Katie's boyfriend calls off the wedding, and Katie develops rapport with a police detective. I am not interested in continuing the series. ( )
  delphimo | Feb 19, 2014 |
Which secondary character resonated most with you and why? Marshall, he was willing to cross the line to help Katie solve her mystery. Especially like it when he lost it interviewing a criminal.

Favourite location / setting ... Katie watching Marshall interview a criminal. The knows the evil look in his eyes. She has seen it in the past, she know the fear, the pain that look can inflict.

Were you able to connect with the main character and why? I easily connected with Katie. She is likeable, willing to help anyone, loyal and wants to know the truth.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the author. ( )
  MelissaSimpson | Jan 4, 2014 |

Robin Mahle is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,937,038 books! | Top bar: Always visible