Strings (Hard Rock Harlots, #1) by Kendall…

Strings (Hard Rock Harlots, #1)

by Kendall Grey

**HEED THE AUTHORS WARNING ON THIS BOOK**

I love it when an author brings a unique perspective to the romance genre, to move beyond the limit of what has usually been done and the accepted standard. This is a no holds barred profanity, down and dirty sex fest of rock and roll baby.

As Letty Dillenger herself tells you at the beginning she came out of her momma’s womb center stage and stormed the world. All she’s ever wanted to be is a rock star. She is 100% comfortable with her sexuality and has stuck with her dreams of what and where she wants her music to be. She’s just waiting for that one big break even if it means living a hand-to-mouth existence until that time comes. She will not sell out her dreams.

Letty’s journey take her on a one night stand with a sexy guy she calls Shades but when the night is over she walks away as she has no time for any strings that could some with it.. But when her manager tells her that her all girl rock back Cherry Buzz Float is going on tour with the all male band Killer Dixon her immediate feelings of YES this is the break we’ve been looking for crash and burn when she meets the new lead singer of the band, Todd “Shades” Armstrong. There is also discord between another member of Cherry and a member of Killer. But the bands manager manages to get everyone to play nice for the sake of their careers.

Letty started out thinking she would just ignore Shades but these two have the strongest sexual pull that have then going at each other again in she sheets and everywhere else you can think of. It also brought out feelings Letty didn’t want to deal with – her vulnerability – but Shades being the cool rocker he is did his best to make her see their backgrounds and where they came from mean nothing in the scheme of rock and roll.

The secondary characters of the other band members played a big part in the book also. Jinx is the drummer for Cherry Buzz and was very quite throughout most of the book even though you got the feeling there was a lot going on in her mind. She may come across shy and a little manic but she was hell on wheels when she was playing. Rex (guitar) and Toombs (drummer) of Killer Dixon were balls to the wall bad boys and sexual deviants. But we find out through the course of the book there is more to these boys’ behaviors and I look forward to finding out what secrets they are hiding.

This book is more than just a raunchy sex fest. It had a great story behind it which just made all the sex a added bonus. Looking forward to the next book in the series. ( )
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
Re-review: 3.5 Stars

So, after reading Beats, I had to revisit this book. Getting to know Lettie a little more, I wasn't so horribly offended by her, and so I figured she was worth a second glance. I enjoyed the book much more the second time around, and yeah.. I'll keep reading them. ( )
  BethanyMoore | May 13, 2016 |
This book was so funny I found myself laughing out loud at the most inappropriate times. Be warned to read this somewhere you will not be embarrased if you bust out laughing. Absolutely loved her style of writing and humor and the fast pace of the story. Can't wait to read the next one. ( )
  Debbie97462 | Jul 16, 2014 |
Cat's staff pick for 9/23/13. ( )
  AReCafe | May 23, 2014 |
Warning! Warning! This is not for the straight-laced or faint of heart!

Having said that, to quote this book "SLAP ME BARE AND CALL ME SASSY!"

Loved the unique writing style and rhythm of the prose! Talk about creative... I cannot give examples because it would be NC-17 rated. I don't want to offend anyone, but prepare yourself for a million definitions and ways to call the ... vajajay.

I loved how the author "strings" together her characters. The double entendre of the title should clue you in as to the creativity level of Kendall Grey. I quote: "When you think about it, strings exist everywhere. Not just between those we're connected to long term -- families, friends-- but also between band mates and fans."

Letty is totally insane with trying to succeed making music. She is very gifted; just looking for the opportunity to shine. A one-night-stand with a stranger leads to a most amusing and stimulating situation. Shades, as she nicknames Todd Armstrong, is here to stay as a band member of their enemy band and she must deal with her feelings the best way she can.

I have to admit I had a smile on my face for most of the time as I was reading this book. The only exceptions were the times when I had to laugh out loud or cry out OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! Yep! People around me thought I had absolutely lost my brains.

I hope you pick up this book and zone in to The Rock and the rhythm of this crazy chick on her way to stardom. ( )
  Gloria.Herrera | Mar 26, 2014 |

Kendall Grey is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,714,518 books! | Top bar: Always visible