Gate, The: A Novel by Dann A. Stouten

Gate, The: A Novel

by Dann A. Stouten

262415,071 (5)None

When an ad for a vacation cottage catches the eye of a man on the edge of burnout, he impulsively sets off to visit the property while his wife and daughters are away. When he arrives and is ushered through the gate, he finds something far different from the typical vacation retreat. In fact, it seems he may have found the back door to heaven. The proprietor and people from his past welcome him with food, rest, and conversation until what started out as a little escape from everyday life turns into an experience he will never forget.

This imaginative novel explores the big questions we all have about what lies beyond this earthly life. Readers hungry for a taste of heaven will find in The Gate hope, encouragement, and pure joy.

Gate, The: A Novel invites readers along on a journey to witness the relentless pursuit of God, an awe-inspiring account of love, forgiveness, and redemption, and the healing power of God’s presence. This book will encourage you and let you know there is life after this one in heaven. Thank You Jesus for all You've done. You are the God of the impossible. I was so stirred and inspired from reading these pages. I just want to share this book with everyone.

This is a very interesting and compelling book. It refreshed and renewed my spiritual life with the accounts of what we have to look forward to in heaven. It renewed my vigor to keep my eye on the goal and not the trials of life. I can honestly say that the story portrayed is very inspirational and appeared to have truth to it. As a believer, it definitely gives you something to look forward to when we do go to heaven.

I was given this book by Christian Review of Books. ( )
  MaryAnn12 | Aug 8, 2013 |
What a profound, page turning read. It pulls your attention right from the start. Who wouldn't want the chance that was given to Schuyler Hunt. Of course, like him, I would have to be convinced to leave.
Loved the play on names here....Paradise Reality with Agent Michael DeAngelo. We are experiencing answers, and in a most wonderful way. This tale makes you think...Satan is not God's equal...he never was, he was the same as Michael the Archangel...of course!!
Another thought that I picked up on and agree with is Life on Earth is Preschool for Eternity. Well said.
If you don't read another book this year, this one will stay with you for the rest of your life. A total must read for a Christian. Love it!

I received this book through Revell's Book Blogger Program, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Apr 21, 2013 |

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:20 -0400)

When a man on the edge of burnout responds to an ad for a vacation cottage, he discovers a beautiful place that will change the way he looks at life forever.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,061,891 books! | Top bar: Always visible