Adoring Addie (The Courtships of Lancaster…

Adoring Addie (The Courtships of Lancaster County)

by Leslie Gould

People tend to think that the Amish lead happy, if somewhat backward, lives. They shun the world of technology and frivolous pastimes for a plain lifestyle. They put God first and always strive to do what’s right and pure and holy. Or do they? In this Amish tale of love and woe, author Leslie Gould gives a different look at an Amish family – one that is less than forthright and who are less kind to each other. A family in which a long held grudge separates two young adults, simply because they have the wrong last names. Addie and Jonathan try to settle the feud and repair the damage that was done a generation ago, but to no avail. A long-buried secret is at the root of all the despair, but will uncovering it help or hurt? A very thoughtful story, it may alter a bit the way you perceive the Amish. ( )
  Maydacat | Aug 11, 2016 |
Addie Cramer and Jonathan Mosier have fallen in love. Not good. Their parents have been angry for as long as they can remember with each others family. Their only recourse is to dig up the past to see what tore their families apart. Will their love keep them together?
  SABC | Jul 18, 2015 |
This is the second book in the series and like the first I loved it and it frustrated me at the same time.

There was a lot of reference to Cate from the first book but in a random way.

Addie is the only girl in her family and is being promised to Phillip, Addie doesn't want to marry Phillip, she falls in love at first sight with Jonathan. Jonathan and Addie families have had a feud going to for years and years .

jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
ADORING ADDIE by Leslie Gould is an interesting Inspirational Contemporary Romance set in Lancaster County,PA. #2 in "The Courtships of Lancaster County",but can be read as a stand alone. See,"Courting Cate". Meed Addie Cramer and Jonathan Mosier. Their families have been at odds for years until.....

Secrets, anguish, old hurts, and the power of love may bring two long overdue families together or tear apart young love. With depression, anger and alcoholism not counting bitterness and forgiveness is depicted in "Adoring Addie". A Amish modern day Romero and Juliet! A great read! Received for an honest review from the publisher.

RATING: 4

HEAT RATING: SWEET

REVIEWED BY: AprilR, courtesy of My Book Addiction and More ( )
  MyBookAddiction | Jan 10, 2014 |
Title: Adoring Addie

Author: Leslie Gould

Pages: 341

Year: 2013

Publisher: Bethany Publishing House

This novel follows an only daughter, Addie Cramer, in a family of eight. She is shouldered with the household responsibilities as her mothers in overcome with depression and has been for most of her married life.

When Addie meets Jonathan Mosier they fall in love at first sight. Unfortunately a feud between the two families threatens their relationship much like Romeo and Juliet. Add to that the bishop’s son believes Addie should be his wife and the pot full of trouble boils over.

Leslie Gould is a new author to me. I have read other Amish books, but this one is quite different. I guess the different Amish communities differ from forms of speech to mannerisms. But I found the difference between this community and the ones I’ve read before distracting.

Leslie explained to me that she used language and mannerisms on the Amish people she spent time with and others she's observed, both in person and in documentaries and recordings. I can appreciate that.

The love story is sweet and the message of God’s love and desire to have a personal relationship is beautifully illustrated. Jonathan comes from a different Amish community and shares with Addie about the love of God.

“But God adores you, Addie. Far more than I even do –which is saying a lot. He wants you to abide in him—to talk with him and follow his teachings. It’s
as simple as that.”

The journey to Addie understanding this kind of love and acceptance is a good reminder to us all that God know we are human and won’t ever be pLeslie-Gould-pro-photo-3.1-202x300erfect. And He loves us no matter what.

Note: I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book. The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility. Other reviews can be read at http://TMWoodsBooks.com/blog . Also follow me on Twitter @TMWoodsBook, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/TMWoodsBooks . ( )
  TMWoodsBooks | Jun 22, 2013 |

A New Amish Romance from Christy Winner and Bestselling Author Leslie Gould

When Addie Cramer's mutter and daed decide Phillip Eicher is the man for her to marry, they claim she must honor them by obeying their wishes. But then she falls in love with Jonathan Mosier--part of the family with whom the Cramers have a long-held grudge.

With the help of others in her community who long to see the quarrel healed, Jonathan and Addie struggle to continue their relationship against both sets of parents' wishes. But when one of Addie's vengeful brothers harms a member of the Mosier family, Jonathan intervenes and is banished from Lancaster County.

A distraught Addie determines to find the true reason for the grudge between the two families, hoping to tear down the animosity of the past. Can their love for each other bridge the divide between their families? Or are they destined to remain apart forever?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:11 -0400)

"Set in Lancaster County, Addie and Jonathan struggle to continue their relationship against both sets of parents' wishes. Will love finally mend the feud between their two families, or will their forbidden courtship drive everyone further apart?"--Provided by publisher.… (more)

Bethany House

An edition of this book was published by Bethany House.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,058,322 books! | Top bar: Always visible