A Bride's Story, Volume 5 by Kaoru Mori

A Bride's Story, Volume 5

by Kaoru Mori

Finally, Laila and Leily's wedding day arrives, but the idea of it is much nicer than the actual ceremony, at least for two such spirited girls who have a really hard time sitting still. In this installment, continue our break from Amir and Karluk and finish the arc of these entertaining young girls who are experts at getting themselves into trouble. The wedding ceremony is extremely interesting to read as I know very little of the culture. Very entertaining series and wonderful art. ( )
  -Eva- | Apr 23, 2016 |
Mori's characterization of the twins at their wedding was extremely funny and cute. Their wedding gowns are beautiful and becoming, though it does seem like swimming is Laila and Leily's natural state. I was really grossed out and sick to my stomach from the scene of slaughtering sheep. I understand why it was important for her to include to, but it really ruined the story for me.

The side-story of Amir rescuing the hawk is quite inspiring. I kept rooting for Tileke to be able to get the hawk, and it really seemed unfair that she couldn't. From Amir's perspective, a bird of prey can't be a pet (I'm not sure if any animal can be a pet in her culture?) so that wasn't happening. It would have been cute though. ( )
  senbei | Apr 30, 2014 |
This volume contains chapters 23-27, and focuses mostly on the twins, but moved back to Amira and Kurluk in the last part of the volume. The twins are a riot and I got a kick out of the brother’s helping them. As always, the artwork is very very well done. It’s got a slow pace but the detail is well worth it. And I am learning as I read. I am looking forward to seeing more of this series. Thanks Mori! ( )
  Kassilem | Jan 11, 2014 |
Number 5 in the series depicts the wedding of the young twin sisters. ( )
  lilibrarian | Dec 6, 2013 |

(Volume 4)
Acclaimed creator Kaoru Mori's tale of life on the nineteenth-century Silk Road turns westward, following Englishman Mr. Smith on his long journey to Ankara. Passing through a fishing village along the Aral Sea, Smith and his guide encounter a pair of spirited young girls named Laila and Leily-identical twins who are fishing not for sturgeon, but for husbands! Despite their efforts to find two wealthy, healthy, and handsome brothers to wed, Laila and Leily's plans generally only land them in loads of trouble!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:55 -0400)

Acclaimed creator Kaoru Mori's tale of life on the nineteenth-century Silk Road takes on an air of celebration as, at long last, Laila and Leily's wedding day arrives! But the marriage ceremony may be even more taxing for the girls than their search for a pair of grooms. Sitting still and silent as their guests celebrate and eat is a trial that will push the girls' patience to its limit, not to mention that of Sami and Sarm! As the twins finally make their vows and commit themselves to their husbands, the gravity of the moment finally sets in. Though they have dreamed of marriage for years, only now do they realize that everything in their lives is about to change..… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,107,794 books! | Top bar: Always visible