Inevitable by Tamara Hart Heiner

Inevitable

by Tamara Hart Heiner

STORY LINE INEVITABLE GODDESS OF FATE:

In Inevitable Goddess Of Fate, the reader finds Jayne Lockwood, a normal teenager except for one tiny little thing. She can look into certain people's eyes and see their death. Try dealing with this gift or curse, as well as, the emotions and issues of growing up. When Jayne smells lemons, she refuses to look into the person's eyes because what she will see is usually horrifying.

Not even telling her best friend Dana, Jayne deals with the visions on her own. When handsome English-born Aaron moves to town, he and Jayne feel an attraction, but Jayne smells lemons. She refuses to look into his eyes, which intrigues Aaron.

Not only dealing with her gift and the new boy in school, Jayne finds himself seeing a serial killer through his victims eyes. Through a set of circumstances, the killer hones in on Jayne as he discovers she knows too much. Grab a comfortable seat, come along with Jayne and company as they ferret out a killer and face emotions and issues all teenagers must go through. My teen and young adult fantasy novel review of Inevitable Goddess Of Fate follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Primarily a fantasy for teens and young adults, as a senior I found I enjoyed this clean intriguing novel. Author Tamara Hart Heiner included twists and turns in this well crafted novel. Keeping the pace steady and smooth, the readers led from one revelation to another. With revelations I did not see coming, Heiner keeps the tension and intrigue at high peak. My mouth fell open when Heiner revealed the villain's identity. What a surprise!

Furthermore, Heiner crafted well-developed characters and her skill in portraying teen years, well crafted and realistic. As well as, showing in-depth the worry and angst Jayne carries because of her talent/gift. Repressed by her talent/gift/curse, afraid to look into anyone eyes after she smells lemons, Jayne carries a terrible weight with her daily. Heiner shows Jayne, Dana, and Aaron dealing with everyday teen issues such as: girlfriends, boyfriends, school, and maturing towards adulthood. By the end of Heiner's book, will Jayne grow into a confident young woman? Will she come to terms with her talent? Can she accept her fate? Sorry, you will have to read the novel to find out.

Finally, in concluding my teen and young adult fantasy novel review of Inevitable Goddess Of Fate, I found an easy to read story-line. Also, this novel has well-developed characters and a premise which was intriguing and original. Containing no sex, Heiner easily conveys the emotions we all feel as teenagers with our first love.

INEVITABLE GODDESS OF FATE RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

I would not hesitate to buy this book for my self or a friend. I found Inevitable Goddess Of Fate especially suited to teen and young adults.

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I received this book from the author and chose to voluntarily review the book with an honest teen and young adult fantasy book/novel review. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. In addition, the ARC did not affect my voluntary teen and young adult fantasy novel review. ( )
  vera_mallard | Feb 17, 2017 |
I planned on saving this for the poolside, but didn't make it that far. Let me tell you, I'll never feel the same about the smell of lemons ever again. Jayne has a gift, or is it a curse? Sometimes she will get a whiff of lemon coming off a person and if she looks into their eyes she will see their death. Because of this she avoids eye contact a lot.

Heiner does a great job creating believable characters that you grow to care about. It was easy to get lost in her world. This was a quick and riveting read. My favorite part was that I wasn't sure who the bad guy was until the end. ( )
  CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |

Visions of death plague Jayne, who thinks watching her boyfriend and sister die is the worst that could happen to her. But when she witnesses a serial killer in action, Jayne finds herself caught up in a dangerous world of intrigue and suspense. As it turns out, she is not the only one doing the stalking. The killer is on to her, and all of her visions of the dying don't reveal how her life will end. Somehow, she must stop the murderer before he arranges Jayne's own inevitable death. Another young adult suspense by Tamara Hart Heiner!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:00 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,936,621 books! | Top bar: Always visible