A Taste of Reality by Marla J. Hayes

A Taste of Reality

by Marla J. Hayes

312,001,085 (4)None
Recently added byolongbourn, fancett, ChrisGardenier

I received an audio copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. My only regret is that I took a couple of weeks to clear my reading and listening schedule to spend time with this fairy tale. This is such a well-done story, brief, but well-done. The narrating only adds to the story.

It is my opinion that fairy tales must end with a happily ever after and this one does not disappoint in the least. While I didn't expect the story to take a journey from France to America, I am thrilled that the H and h, who were arranged to be married in their childhood, fell in love before becoming fully aware of the arrangement. Add to this, a narrator who can add the reality of accents to the characters and you will only wish that either the story will continue or that you can find another fairy tale to move on to.

Ahhh. Such a nice throw-back to the fairy tale genre of which I haven't read since my own childhood

Well done! ( )
  olongbourn | Mar 1, 2015 |

When fairy tales do come true… To young Terri Fortier, life in a castle in the south of France seems like a fairytale -- until she learns the awful truth. On her eighteenth birthday, she flees from the marriage her parents have arranged for her in hopes of saving their vineyard from an age-old curse. Terri makes her way to the Napa Valley and a forgotten, magical vineyard where she puts down new roots. But can Terri totally escape her destiny when reality proves to be more powerful than any fairytale?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:04 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,015,386 books! | Top bar: Always visible