Spartan Frost by Jennifer Estep

Spartan Frost

by Jennifer Estep

Finally!!!!! We get a glimpse inside Logan's head. This is after events that take place in Crimson Frost. If you haven't read that, then don't read this one.

Poor Logan is messed up after what he did. Even though everyone tells him the attack wasn't his fault, he feels like it is. he also seems to become a little closer to his dad. Which is a good thing. He is allowed to go on a assignment with his dad when they find a Reaper hideout.

It is great getting a peak into Logan's thoughts, but the cliffhanger in this novella is brutal! I mean seriously!!!!! Sorry this is so short, but this novella is very spoilery. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
Only three stars, but primarily for length. There just wasn't much development or action here, and the beginning is very similar to the opening of the next book. ( )
  RevBobMIB | Oct 21, 2015 |
3 ½ Stars

Originally posted at The Bookaholic Cat

Spartan Frost is a novella in the Mythos Academy series by Jennifer Estep. The events in Spartan Frost take place between books fourth (Crimson Frost) and fifth (Midnight Frost).

First let me tell you that you shouldn’t read this review if you haven’t read Crimson Frost.

Spartan Frost starts couple of weeks after the events in Crimson Frost. Logan has moved out of the school and is living with his father in their New York house. Days have passed but Logan is still dealing with the aftermath of what happened between him and Gwen; everyday he relives the events and it has been impossible for him to find peace. He’s still in contact with some of his friends from school, and even though he asks about Gwen all the time he has cut all contact with her. He’s afraid of hurting her again because despite the reassurances of Metis, Nickamedes and his father he’s not 100% sure there is nothing wrong with him.

If I’m honest was expecting to learn more about Logan; we see some of what he’s feeling but I would have loved to see more of his feelings towards Gwen. One thing I really liked was that the relationship between Logan and his father is improving, they both have realized they are alone and need to be there for each other, they are on the right path and I have faith they will overcome all their problems from the past.

In Spartan Frost Logan doesn’t come to terms with his actions but he’s on the mend. He finds an outlet for his emotions fighting next to his father and the Protectorate. After some inner turmoil he gets to the conclusion that what better way to hurt the Reapers than to fight back.

Spartan Frost is a quick and entertaining read. In my opinion it doesn’t bring anything new to the series, unless you want to know what Logan was doing after leaving Mythos Academy. I recommend you to read Spartan Frost if you are a fan of Logan, but make sure to read it in between Crimson Frost and Midnight Frost, not before and not after.
One thing is for sure the end of Spartan Frost will leave you dying to get your hands of Midnight Frost. ( )
  BookaholicCat | Mar 4, 2015 |
I liked the focus on Logan here. I've been quite curious about what goes on in his mind, as he sometimes seems something of an enigma. Fleshing him out a bit was a smart move on Estep's part. Nice seque between books. ( )
  emmyson | Oct 9, 2013 |
This is one of my favorite series, and being able to read Logan story was great, He is one the warriors at the Mythos Academy. Logan is a spartan. They are strong, fierce and deadly.

At the end of the fourth installment, Crimson Frost, Logan has left Mythos and only a few know where he has went. This is after he almost kills Gwen, while he was possessed my Loki. He loves Gwen and can’t take a chance that he might try and harm her again. He has left and is staying at his family home up north with his father. Seeing things through Logan’s eyes was enlightening. I will say that this isn’t about Logan’s and Gwen’s relationship, and that was okay with me. I enjoyed getting know him a little more, and it gave more depth to his character. While his interactions with his father were strained, and with all the happened up to this point, it is easy to see why. It also doesn’t help that Logan has so much guilt and anger pent up inside about what he did to Gwen. I guess he thought that running from the problems was a good idea, but he does figure out that they don’t go away. There is some action that explodes toward the ending, and it set up for Midnight Frost. Yes, it is a cliffhanger but it was definitely okay with me.

This is a novella that needs to be read before reading Midnight Frost, but if you are a fan of Logan’s I would certainly recommend it. He is an amazing character, and still remains one of my favorite in the series.

jeneaw | Sep 30, 2013 |

In an effort to keep Gwen safe, Logan Quinn, the deadliest Spartan warrior at Mythos Academy, must leave Mythos after he almost causes her death.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,385,091 books! | Top bar: Always visible