Hybrid (Nevermore, Book 2) by K.A. Poe

Hybrid (Nevermore, Book 2)

by K.A. Poe

182561,019 (4)None

Amazon Description:
Alexis has come a long way since learning the truth about her vampire hunting lineage. If becoming a hunter wasn't bad enough, she discovered that she possessed a gift few hunters have ever been blessed with. The gift of the raven. But is this a gift or a curse?

When a mysterious new girl starts hanging around Alexis' friends and lurking around town, Alex suspects the worst. Is Claire more than she seems? One thing is certain, Alex needs to learn to control her new ability in order to make sure the ones she loves stay safe.

Opinions:

Hybrid is the second book in the Nevermore series. If you have not read book one, Twin Souls, you are about to see some spoilers. You should read book one before book two. You have been warned!

The story continues where the first book left off. In this book Alexis is still becoming comfortable with her new life when things take a turn. Another vampire has been spotted around town, and Alexis is faced with a near-death experience. The result of this changes her life and those around her forever. If that’s not enough, there are more family secrets that come out of the closet, which could be good or could be bad….

The book is written in first person following Alexis – like the last book. Characters return from the first book along with some new faces – including family. I want to avoid spoilers, so excuse the vagueness. I think the one character that ends up staying with Alexis and Salem seemed a little unbelievable with the sudden change in characteristics. I would have also liked to have more of Karen, since she and Alexis were close friends before. It seems her character is there basically to feed info/people/etc. to the story.

The story moved along well. There was a lot of action and twists along the way. The group faces other vampires, as well as, trying to learn about this new hybrid situation. I won’t say much more about that. You’ll have to read it for yourself. The ending is another cliff hanger that should lead into the third book of the series.

Overall it was a good read. If you like young adult paranormal stories with vampires/shifters. You might enjoy this book. ( )
  Maria1010 | Nov 9, 2013 |
The first book in this series reminded me of the House of Night series by the Casts. The second book has a little more Twilight thrown in, while still being its own unique story.

The concept of the Raven-Hunter is cool - I haven't seen it a hundred times - but the romance throws me off (I'm not a romantic person).

This book ends with a very strong lead-in to third book in the series.

I received a free copy in exchange for review. ( )
  Angie.Lisle | Jun 8, 2013 |

K.A. Poe is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,416,502 books! | Top bar: Always visible