Anonymous Sources by Mary Louise Kelly

Anonymous Sources

by Mary Louise Kelly

slow start - took me a while to get into it, but loved the last 2/3rds. ( )
  AmyCahillane | Feb 24, 2016 |
A suspenseful thriller about terrorism that spans three continents. Alexandra James is a reporter covering Harvard happenings. When a man who falls to his death on campus turns out to be the president's lawyer's son, things start getting complicated. Alex stumbles on to lead after lead that gets her deeper into the story. Excellent debut novel! I can't wait to read more from Kelly. ( )
  howifeelaboutbooks | Nov 4, 2015 |
If you've ever read another spy story it was probably better than this one. Really just an awful book - entirely predictably after the first chapter and no insights whatsoever into the real world. Was expecting so much more. Amateurish, one dimensional, and unoriginal. ( )
  Forquer | Jul 21, 2015 |
So, what happens when a reporter turns writer? You get a brilliantly written novel that is so raw and riveting that this reader read the novel in less than 24 hours. I used to love mysteries and thrillers. And yet, it has been years since I have found a really good one that kept me on the edge of my seat, voraciously turning pages, or flipping the next page button on my Kindle in this case.

Ms. Kelly has written a brilliantly thought out novel. I see that her time spent with the NPR has given her insider information about how the world of journalism works, and it played well in this novel.

This story has a bit of everything: Espionage, murder, travel and high heels. There are back-biting, almost evil women. There is sex, violence and booze. And it all played together fabulously. I loved every word on the page and cannot wait to see what more this author is going to have in store for us in the future. I cannot think of a single criticism for this novel.
  destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |

destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |

"Alexandra James, devoted reporter for the New England Examiner, is attractive, exceptionally smart, an experienced high-end shoe shopper, and used to getting what she wants. When she is assigned to cover the death of a Harvard student doing his year abroad, the whirlwind investigation takes her to Cambridge, London, and then to Washington. The globe-trotting adventures suit her well, as Alex has always been able to talk her way into anywhere, sleep with anyone she fancies, and both out-drink and out-shop her demons. But when the circumstances surrounding the student's death point to something more nefarious than a suicide, Alex the hunter soon becomes Alex the hunted. And she must race to find a dangerous killer before she becomes the next victim"-- "An intriguing thriller from a former NPR correspondent about a young reporter who must match wits with spies, assassins and a terrorist sleeper cell targeting the very heart of American power."--… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,013,189 books! | Top bar: Always visible