The Fate Of A Marlowe Girl (Marlowe Girls,…

The Fate Of A Marlowe Girl (Marlowe Girls, #1)

by Beth Fred

Wow! I am shocked by how much I actually liked this book! I have this thing about the Woe Me girls who are always second to everyone else and who finally get something good in their lives while the one who usually gets has to suffer in some way or another. Beth Fred brought the party to life and showed that there can be love in places you least expect. The author developed the characters and made you fall in love or hate. Definitely going to read the next book in this story! ( )
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
This was a quick and fun read. In fact I read the whole thing while sitting in the air port waiting for my flight.

I felt for Tiffany as she struggled to deal with her obviously pampered and spoiled rotten sister. She sort of frustrated me because she let her family walk all over her. I think that's one reason I liked Luke right away. He was the true knight in shining armor coming in to defend and protect her. Even from herself.

I loved where this ended up. It was the perfect travel read. ( )
  CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |
Reviewed for Read Your Writes Book Reviews
www.readyourwrites.blogspot.com

The Fate of a Marlowe Girl is told from the perspective of Tiffany, a twenty-four-year old pushover. That in and of itself had me wondering if I was going to like this book.

Tiffany is an accountant from Houston. She’s in Cancun for her sister’s bachelorette party. The whole situation is bad. No, that’s not true. The whole situation is HORRIBLE. Tiffany is Kammy’s maid of honor, thus she’s responsible for the bachelorette party. Not only does Kammy insist that her bachelorette party be held in Cancun, she also insists that Tiffany pay for her and a dozen or so of her friends. I’m talking airfare and hotel. The girls’ mother insisted that Tiffany do this for her sister. Not that Tiffany REALLY has the money to do all of this. Adding to Tiffany’s stress is the fact that the April 15th tax deadline is two weeks away. The worst part is that Kammy is marrying Tiffany’s ex-boyfriend, the one who cheated on her with Kammy.

Tiffany wants to give her sister a nice bachelorette party. Kammy, being the childish person that she is, has allowed her friends and herself to let the party get out of hand and disrespect her sister. To say that Kammy is NOT one of my favorite people is an understatement. Kammy is ungrateful and doesn’t even appreciate what her sister is doing for her. The same can also be said for Kammy’s friends.

Tiffany decides to flee her overcrowded hotel room and ends up in the hotel bar where she meets Luke, a handsome, charming man. What transpires from this moment is incredible, unbelievable, and a little funny. Luke brings out a different side of Tiffany. The new Tiffany is one you will root for and like, if not love. Luke forces Tiffany to relax and have fun. He also makes her realize that she isn’t responsible for Kammy and that Kammy should be taking care of herself.

Oh my gosh! I SO loved this book. I’m looking forward to the next book in the series.

Source: Blog Tour Host ( )
  ReadYourWrites | May 14, 2013 |
I found this ebook to be a very quick interesting read. It is only 42 pages long, but a lot is packed into this story.
We have a young woman, who is forced to spend money she doesn't have to give her sister a bridal shower. Now this is not an ordinary shower, her sister Kammy has her book and take her friends to Cancun!
Tiffany does taxes for for a living and wouldn't you know Kammy picked tax time to have this fiasco.
Trying to escape the noise and out of control party, Tiffany begins her own adventure. Or I should say, she went down to the hotel bar, and hopes for quite so she can work.
There she meets her hero and rescuer Luke. You will have to read this to find out why Luke rescues her. This is really the great part of the book.
If you enjoy sweet romance, this is a great story, and it takes so little time, but stays with you for a long time. Enjoy!

I received this book through I Am A Reader, Not A Writer Book Blog Tour, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Apr 24, 2013 |
The Fate of a Marlowe Girl is a short story that is really romantic, and even with its short length, Beth Fred enables you to get a really good feel for the characters. Kammy is 24 years old, kind of uptight, especially because she is in Cancun during tax season, and then her sister Tiffany pulls a stunt at her bachelorette party that winds up getting her arrested and getting them all kicked out of the hotel. Luke is her night in shining armor who is determined to help her, though Kammy can't understand for the life of her why. A relationship ensues and love quickly follows, resulting in a happy ending, just like a Hallmark movie. I really love these kinds of stories and if you a romantic at heart, you will to. ( )
  alwaysyaatheart | Apr 23, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,451,127 books! | Top bar: Always visible