Yoo-Hoo, Ladybug! by Mem Fox

Yoo-Hoo, Ladybug! (2013)

by Mem Fox

Other authors: Laura Ljungkvist (Illustrator)

The child gets to look for the ladybug hidden in each picture. The ending makes this already engaging book even better. ( )
  rpankey | Apr 2, 2018 |
The text gets 2 stars, as it's just plain workmanlike.  The illustrations make the book successful... but it's really nothing more than a My First Where's Waldo, so to speak.  Other stories have given us a story plus exercises in being observant to details, and therefore are richer and better, imo.  For example, Mayer's Little Critter books in which cricket and grasshopper (iirc) are hidden on each spread. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
My son liked it, it's cute, but also my husband pointed out that the text seems to be on the wrong pages in relation to the illustrations. Each scene starts out with "Yoo-Hoo, Ladybug! Where are you?" and on the next page it says "There you are..." with a large picture on the opposite page, in which to search for Ladybug. And then the following page there is a close up of the same scene where Ladybug is hiding, and it will say something like "afloat in the bath with Duck and Girraffe!"
We think it should ask where are you on the same page as the large scene, and then say "there you are" on the close up page. It would have made for a nicer flow. ( )
  jbagley | Dec 4, 2013 |

Mem Foxprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ljungkvist, LauraIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
For Linda Candy and her loved ones.
- M. F.

This one's for you, Ebba!
- L. L.
Ladybird loves to hide.

Invites the reader to search for Ladybug, who loves to hide.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,156,158 books! | Top bar: Always visible