The Magic Pumpkin by Benji Alexander Palus

The Magic Pumpkin

by Benji Alexander Palus

421,664,912 (5)None

No tags.

This poignant fantasy tale explores the bond of love between two young brothers as they take an enchanted journey through the extraordinary miracle of childhood, through its hardships and fears, its discoveries and triumphs, its vulnerability and its resiliency. With only each other to depend on, the brothers must find their way through the darkness, and back to the light.

This is a story of the brotherly love and true friendship of two special boys. It will touch your heart. Very well written with details that make the reader feel as if they are there with the boys. Inspirited, love, loyalty, compassion are just some of the emotions you will feel while reading this wonderful story. Benji Alexander Palus is a new author to me but I will sure keep an eye out for future books. He has a way of telling a story like no other.

Highly recommended! ( )
  MaryAnn12 | Jun 16, 2013 |
Five-year-old Owen adores his younger brother Oliver and is saddened when Oliver becomes ill. Mysteriously, a magical portal appears and the brothers go through it, transporting them to a magical land. There in this land, Oliver is well and can play games with Owen.

They like to fly on the magical pumpkin and explore the land, but there is a dark force hiding there. Owen and Oliver use the magical pumpkin to protect them at night. They love to play in this land, but they miss their parents deeply. If they go back though the portal, Owen and Oliver may never get to play together again.

Wow! I didn't know what to expect when I began reading The Magic Pumpkin, but I ended up loving this heartwarming tale of two young brothers. The story does have that Wizard of Oz feeling to it. The author did a wonderful job with the descriptions of the mystical land. I do wish there were illustrations throughout the book. I'm not for sure what the original target audience is for the book. Yes, the characters are five and three, but in my opinion it is written more for adults. Overall, The Magic Pumpkin is a wonderful adventure tale and I recommend it to readers of all ages.

Disclaimer: I received this book free of charge in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  billyburgess | Apr 23, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 147597048X, Paperback)

Far above a magical land, an enormous pumpkin flies across a bright sky with five-year-old Owen and his three-year-old brother, Oliver, riding on top. The two boys hang on tightly and laugh with pure joy as the beauty and wonders of the land below nurture their innocence and their imaginations. Even so, there is a darkness that threatens to extinguish the light of their childhood.

Although they enjoy the home they have created in a cozy and shadowless cave, the boys miss their parents and long for a way back to them. Every night, the pumpkin sits motionless outside the entrance to the cave, keeping the boys safe from harm, but the pumpkin cannot protect Owen and Oliver from all danger. Shadow eyes wait in the darkness, and other creatures even more deadly. When the boys are torn from the pumpkin’s safety, they must find strength and courage in their love for each other if they are to survive and find their way back home.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:11 -0400)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Benji Alexander Palus's book The Magic Pumpkin was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Benji Alexander Palus is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,085,279 books! | Top bar: Always visible