Nikola Tesla: Imagination and the Man That…

Nikola Tesla: Imagination and the Man That Invented the 20th Century

by Sean Patrick

2191053,142 (3.26)5

English (9)  All (1)  All (10)
A crash biography on a recent genius that changed the life for good. His sad innovative life and unfair fight towards corporations maybe opened a new era that we live in today. We don't hear much about genius inventors, but rich companies... ( )
  soontobefree | May 1, 2017 |
ორი სიტყვა წარმოსახვის მნიშვნელობაზე ორი სიტყვაც IQ-ზე, ორი სიტყვა ნიკოლა ტესლაზე. the end
ძალიან მწირია, ტესლა თუ გაინტერესებთ ამის წაკითხვას ინტერნეტში მოძებნეთ რაიმე ბლოგ პოსტი, დარწმუნებული ვარ ბევრი ბლოგ პოსტი ემჯობინება. ( )
  Misha.Kaulashvili | Aug 22, 2016 |
by Sean Patrick

kindle

The author's self declared purpose was to educate and inspire his reader.
"I believe that people have far more potential than they give themselves credit for."

This brief biography was worth the download.
In all fairness, I originally chose to download because the Kindle version is currently free.
But, I was pleased to find a balanced look at Nikola Tesla's life and imaginative treks.

...success and failure.....recognition and repudiation...a "genius" whose ingenuity was very often misconstrued.

...an interesting read.... ( )
  pennsylady | Jan 22, 2016 |
Delving a bit deeper into the workings of the mind of a genius. A nice timeline of events to better understand the life of Nikola Tesla. ( )
  selinalynn69 | Aug 19, 2014 |
Six-word review: Minor treatment of Tesla's extraordinary career.

Extended review:

Shallow, lightweight, thin, and not very well written, but not altogether worthless either.

This was a more or less idle pick from a list of free Kindle books. At 46 virtual pages, it's scarcely a book at all. Framed as an inspirational you-too-can-do-it piece, it sounds to me like a blend of self-pep-talk and bid for speaking engagements at corporate motivational luncheons.

However, I did know a lot less about Nikola Tesla than a reasonably well educated person ought to, and so I filled in some large blanks. Assuming that this account is factually based (and I haven't checked it independently), I was a little shocked to learn what an unprincipled SOB Thomas Edison was in conducting his feud with Tesla and also how wrongly others were given credit for Tesla's achievements: Marconi for radio, for instance, and Roentgen for Xrays.

The fact that the author couldn't spell 'Wilhelm' or 'Roentgen' (and various other names), misused words, and wrote lines such as this: "Stop and think for a second the frontiers that lie ahead for our species" (while no doubt believing that he didn't need editing) counts against him.

So whereas I can't possibly recommend this trivial essay to your attention, I took in some content that may lead me to further reading. If I could press a button and unread it, I probably wouldn't.

(Kindle version) ( )
1 vote Meredy | Aug 10, 2014 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,925,944 books! | Top bar: Always visible