Jordan's Battle by E.A. West

Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Book Blog For GMTA
Rating: 5

Review:

"Jordan's Battle" by E.A. West was a very good short contemporary romance story. The two main characters were very interesting in how this author brought this to the reader in getting to know and understand them, especially Jordan who had this PTSD having problems to deal with, that of anxiety. We find this army service veteran with PTSD, has a service dog(Abe) which helps him to have a 'normal life' and to be able to have a job. On his new job he meets Alaina and she is left to wonder why did he have this dog...he looked normal and all? There will be up and downs in this read and it is here that I say you must pick up "Jordan's Battle" to see how this author lays it out to the reader. In getting to know them (Jordon and Alaina, you will see that this is a enlighten romantic well written story. I definitely found "Jordan's Battle" was a "story that is truly an eye opener to the reality some people live in, and a perfect example of why we shouldn't judge others because we don't know what they've been through." Would I recommend this read? YES! ( )
  arlenadean | Apr 24, 2013 |
Reviewed by: JoAnne
Book provided by: Publisher
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

This was a nice storyline and one you don’t normally see. A veteran’s PTSD complicates his life and his service dog allows him to lead a normal life including interactions with others and holding down a job. There was romance, laughter and some tears and all in just a quickie read of 65 pages.

There was an actual storyline with nice closure, good character development and my interest was immediately engaged on page one. While I would have liked to see a little more of Jordan’s and Alaina’s interactions and potential relationship, both ups and downs, I was satisfied by the conclusion but wouldn’t mind a sequel to get to know both of them better.

I enjoyed this story and look forward to reading others by West.

Favorite Quote: Alaina accepted the phone and burst into laughter. Jordan had taken a picture of Abe and put the dog’s head on a racially ambiguous surfer body. “I should get you to test all of my apps. I never would have thought to use anything other than people for it.” ( )
  RtB | Apr 24, 2013 |

E.A. West is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,430,252 books! | Top bar: Always visible