Finding It (Losing It, #3) by Cora Carmack

Finding It (Losing It, #3)

by Cora Carmack

Kelsey Summers is a rich girl traveling around Europe in an effort to spend her father's money (and get his attention). After she is roofied and saved by hunky Jackson Hunt, he convinces her to travel for adventure rather than just for the partying.
I had a hard time liking Kelsey, and Jackson, while nice was kind of a cipher. The ending was about what you'd expect, not very believable or interesting. I did like the descriptions of Terre Cinque and other places in Italy. I've been there and Ms. Carmack did a nice job portraying the setting. But the drama and for no real reason. Thank goodness it's a quick read. ( )
  N.W.Moors | Oct 23, 2017 |
A really good read!! Kelsey's story is exciting and heartbreaking at the same time. In an attempt to escape an overbearing and uncaring father and discover who the true Kelsey is, she's traveling through Eastern Europe. While there she meets fellow American Jackson Hunt and a beautiful romance starts. But, Jackson is definitely keeping secrets and those secrets could destroy them.

This is a good one and I definitely recommend it. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |

Kelsey should be having the time of her life roaming from picturesque town to scenic village in Europe, but the light in her eyes has been dimmed for years. When an incredibly hot and enigmatic American challenges her to find her true adventurous spirit, she strays off course and away from bad habits — right into his arms. But she can’t truly escape her self-destructive chains without facing her parents and her past, and when the truth of the present is discovered, their adventure feels less like fate and more like manipulation.

The Verdict: When I read the first book in the series, Losing It, I was convinced I’d found romance novel gold. It was entertaining and heartwarming and often hilarious in a way few authors can pull off. So of course I wanted to continue with the series. However, Faking It, the second book in the series, didn’t quite achieve the same kind of magic, though I did enjoy it. Unfortunately, Finding It fell quite a bit lower for me.

On the one hand, these are three very different stories about three very different characters, and I suppose it’s good that they each felt original and separate rather than recycled. However, the humor I loved so much in the first book was nowhere to be found in Finding It. Sure, Kelsey and Hunt joked around occasionally, but for the most part, it was all angst and self-destruction. An abuse incident in Kelsey’s past, compounded by her parents’ non-reaction has pretty much obliterated her self-respect, and she moves from bed to bed, not really even seeking companionship, as she makes her way through Europe. She has little sense of self-preservation as well, and were it not for Hunt, she most likely would have been taken advantage of on at least a couple of occasions.

Hunt was one part mystery and one part complete hotness, but he, too, had some darkness leftover from his past. He’s a good guy who tries to help Kelsey find a better path simply by challenging her and refusing to play her games, but he’s in over his head when he falls for her. And then when the truth comes out, it all goes to hell for a while, requiring quite a bit more angst and self-reflection to get back to some bit of happiness.

I can’t say the writing was bad or the story was awful, but I guess it just wasn’t what I was expecting, and in that sense it was a disappointment. Perhaps if I had known what I was getting into, I would have chosen to read the book at a different time, when I wasn’t looking for the same lighthearted fun I found at the beginning of the series. Whatever the case, the traipsing across Europe, the parties, the angst… It just wasn’t the right story for me. ( )
  ysar | Jul 8, 2015 |
4.5 ( )
  TexasBookLover7 | Jun 16, 2015 |
Finding It

The Characters

Kelsey Summers: You know I’m not going to lie, Kelsey is not my favorite character. She’s a good friend to Bliss and I respect her but I just don’t like her.

Jackson Hunt: On the other hand I love Jackson. He is so strong and really focused on fixing/living with his short comings. Also he remind mes of Owen Hunt from Grey’s Anatomy who I also love, problems and all. If it hadn’t been for him I would have thrown in the towel relatively early on this book.

The Story

*Spoiler*

Kelsey sets off on a European tour to find herself. Along the way she finds Jackson Hunt. Well, she thinks she finds him. Their whirlwind romance was really great. Kelsey needed Jackson to help her figure out that the things she was letting hold her back didn’t have to hold her down. I love that she kept that lesson with her even after their breakup.

The Random Thoughts

3.5 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Feb 2, 2015 |

"Most girls would kill to spend months traveling around Europe after college graduation with no responsibility, no parents, and no limit credit cards. Kelsey Summers is no exception. She's having the time of her life... or that's what she keeps telling herself. It's a lonely business trying to find out who you are, especially when you're afraid you won't like the you that's found. No amount of drinking or dancing can chase away Kelsey's loneliness, but maybe Jackson Hunt can. After a few chance meetings, he convinces her to take a journey of adventure instead of alcohol. With each new city and experience, Kelsey's mind becomes a little clearer, and her heart a little less hers. Hunt helps her unravel her own dreams and desires, but the more she knows about herself, the more she realizes how little she knows about him"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,610,100 books! | Top bar: Always visible