The Arrangement by Shay Gray

The Arrangement

by Shay Gray

312,001,085NoneNone
Recently added byAngel.Carter, Tea58
anger (1) brainstormed idea (1) cancer (1) children (1) death (1) jealousy (1) K (1) love (1) prejudice (1) romance (1) to-read (1)

After the last page of this book, I feel dizzy. It is as though I'd just ridden the fastest roller coaster in the states. Each character is well rounded and living a full life. A life that no one would take from them. There is Terrance, the man in the middle of it all. He seems to turn a switch on in these women. All the women lose their minds for a moment or two in anger, jealousy, regret, past memories,etc. The women are: Tanya, Terrence's wife, Portia and Amber. Amber is "the white girl." Three words which Portia seems to use many times when talking about Amber. The book is divided into the voices of each character. This gave me a chance to hear how that person was feeling about all that was going on. Portia has two children by Terrance. Amber has one child and Tanya is expecting a baby.

I think the novel is smart. I've seen lots of baby drama books. Never tried one thinking how creative can a person get with a story where there is nothing but unhappiness and the man pulls the strings of the women. This is about more than baby drama. It's about more than Terrance while also being about Terrance. I also can't leave out Terrance's best friend, Jason. The sorrows faced by these women are monumental especially Portia's loss. Not sure Portia was painted with the right emotions for what she was going through at that time. However, I guess Portia is just Portia. Not sure I would have liked her as a person anyway. So I might involuntarily misinterpret her feelings.

Amber's experiences are wild. They are just what you would expect to happen with a white girl dating a black man. Amazing how Amber's mother's past tumbles up into Amber's drama and almost ends life's journey for three or four people. Tanya, I think, is the most mature of all the women. This seemed right because she is the woman who wears Terrance's ring. The ending became so wildly imaginative I almost lost who was who or who was dead or not dead or.......It's like the same roller coaster flipped over. If I hadn't held on tightly, I would have fallen out. I enjoyed THE ARRANGEMENT by SHAY GRAY so much. I do have a warning. In the beginning there is profanity. There are quite a few curse words. The story is so well written I skipped over "those" words and read on to the next page. This book is a page turner.
  Tea58 | May 24, 2013 |

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,215,199 books! | Top bar: Always visible