Horny For Hanukkah by Rob Rosen

Horny For Hanukkah

by Rob Rosen

212,551,640 (4)None
Recently added bySerenaYates, AReCafe

Horny For Hanukkah is a holiday story that manages to be cute, hot, funny, and culturally relevant all in only 3500 words. My problem with most holiday fiction is its inevitable sappiness, but that isn’t a concern with this story. Told in first-person, it manages a pitch-perfect humorous tone that flirts with irony but remains more light and teasing than sharp. I’ll admit that the title, which made me laugh, first attracted me to this story. I was even more pleased to find a hot sex scene, funny dialog, appealing characters, and a sincere appreciation of both Judaism and the healing power of spiritual rituals that unite us during the holidays.

The story opens with Sam, the “lone office Jew” to whom it falls the responsibility of tending to the gargantuan corporate menorah. This wouldn’t be so bad except that after each workday, he has to install an industrial-strength light bulb that represents a candle into the menorah. This means propping up a ladder in the snowy parking lot and climbing up through the wind and cold to screw in each bulb – something that could qualify as a hazardous duty.

Fortunately for Sam, an attractive man Noah from an adjacent office starts showing up to hold the ladder for him. Sam is thrilled to realize that Noah is also Jewish, but wonders why Noah always hurries away right at sundown after saying the blessing with him. Noah seems to be interested in him, but Sam wonders how he can find out before the last night of Hanukkah passes by.

Val for AReCafe ( )
  AReCafe | Apr 24, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,593,167 books! | Top bar: Always visible