His Prey by D.F. Krieger

His Prey

by D.F. Krieger

212,551,640 (4)None
Recently added byDecadent.Kane, AReCafe

His Prey is a mixture between indigenous and shape shifters. Every year, one maiden is chosen to “die” at the hands of a Wahya man or wolf shifter. This year, Nyna is the deer shifter chosen. I must admit that at first I was confused as to the dying portion. I figured it wasn’t really dying when Nyna was thinking about how other maidens described it: “a prick”, “lots of blood”, “painful”, but the maidens were alive enough to speak to her. This isn’t about the taking of life, but instead is the death of the maiden and the birth of a woman.

Though I didn’t really enjoy the beginning and the “taking of her maidenhead”, I really started liking the book once they were back in camp. Atian was very sweet and dominant, yet not horribly aggressive. I loved that Nyna was able to really be herself and more open than she ever had been in the Deer tribe. I also enjoyed how much Atian wanted to be worthy of her, not just demand a bride. It made his character more deep and likable. The world Krieger created was just beautiful and made me want to be a wolf shifter (deer just isn’t in my nature though Nyna showed some pretty awesome butt kicking qualities). If you’re looking for a sweet shifter read with indigenous qualities, pick up His Prey.

~

Bitten by Books for AReCafe ( )
  AReCafe | Apr 24, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,411,727 books! | Top bar: Always visible