Have I Told You Lately? by Erosa Knowles

Have I Told You Lately?

by Erosa Knowles

212,551,640 (4)None
Recently added byjohnsong4, AReCafe

Have I Told You Lately by Erosa Knowles was most enjoyable because of its message that a person can turn their life around despite their checkered past. Also, being judgmental is not the best way to be, especially since everyone has something about themselves that makes them less than proud. Ross was not judgmental and could see past Cherise’s omission even though she could not see past his. Ross and Cherise are as different as two people can get but somehow they work. She’s very prissy and proper and he’s rough around the edges. Her life is surrounded by order and she functions better in this calm environment, but Ross’s life is messy and chaotic. Somehow when they are together there is a balance they both need. Cherise also couldn’t ask for a better protector in Ross because he constantly tries to shield her from the worst; even when coming clean would be the more prudent. I’ve read Have I Told You Lately and Special Forces by Erosa Knowles and while the plots are different, the stories are similar in that both plots start out simple but then evolve and become more intricate and more interesting.

In Have I Told You Lately by Erosa Knowles, Cherise Walters is a beautiful, full-figured woman who suffers from anxiety attacks. Cherise resigns herself to being alone; ashamed of her illness. Then an accident brings Ross Stemple into her life. Ross is an ex-con but he’s turned his life around and now co-owns a successful construction firm. They are different as night and day but their inner struggle for unconditional acceptance draws them together. Unfortunately, neither has shared their secret. Then Cherise learns Ross was not upfront with her and questions whether a relationship built on lies of omission can last. That is until Ross discovers her secret and Cherise shamefully admits she’s no better than Ross. They both have parts of their lives they have trouble sharing. Now that Ross knows about her illness and loves her no less, Cherise realizes she also loves Ross more than anything and if they learn to trust each other more, there’s no stopping the love they’ve found with each other. The next hurdle they have to tackle is discovering who is trying to sabotage Ross and his partners’ company.

~ Susan for ARe Cafe ( )
  AReCafe | Apr 24, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,263,471 books! | Top bar: Always visible