Wild Horses by Asha King

by Asha King

212,551,640 (5)None
Recently added byCritterbee, AReCafe

An ARe Cafe top pick!

Dani Jackson’s successful blog puts her in hot water when a follower turns into a stalker. She is advised to shut down her blog temporarily and go into hiding until the case is solved. Dani seeks refuge on a ranch run by a family friend. She has to lie low and help with the work. Adam Cooper is the ranch manager and while Dani is pretty to look at, he can’t imagine what purpose she could serve on a horse ranch. Dani finds his condescending attitude a turn-off although his hard body and handsome face are a definite turn on. Time passes and Dani slowly grows accustomed to ranch life and Adam also changes his opinion of Dani. The attraction between them is fierce and soon they are having an affair. Dani’s tranquil time at the farm is disturbed by threatening emails and phone calls from her stalker. She’s not safe anywhere and telling Adam about her problems is out of the question. Dani’s stalker turns out to be someone she trusts. It’s only with quick thinking and luck that she and Adam escape with their lives.

Wild Horses by Asha King is a funny and totally enjoyable interracial romance. I curled up with this book and knew from the first introduction to Dani that I’d enjoy it. I especially love that the setting is uncommon. I also loved that the characters are both saucy, spunky and don’t back down from each other. It is interesting that both Dani and Adam are keeping secrets for different reasons. Dani is not privileged to relate to Adam the situation with her stalker. Meanwhile, Adam is keeping his secret because it is too painful to relate. Wild Horses is not just a romance but had a heavy undercurrent of suspense as well. The easy flow of the overall tone of the book and the exchanges between Dani and Adam are fresh and very entertaining. When they finally consummate their passion, Adam is a man of surprises, with his varied repertoire of lovemaking.

At the heart of the story are two genuinely likeable characters that I wanted to see together because despite their differences, they make a great couple. They seem to be night and day but somehow they complement each other. Dani proves that while she may be a city girl, a country girl is also hiding in her personality. Dani’s eccentricity is refreshing and fun to read. Adam’s tougher-than-nails exterior really hides a big, aching heart. The revelation of who is Dani’s stalker is scandalous and I totally did not see it coming. This is a wicked twist and I loved it.

~ Susan for AReCafe ( )
  AReCafe | Apr 24, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,517,220 books! | Top bar: Always visible