Dragon Call (Lunes & Lords #1) by E.R. Davis

Dragon Call (Lunes & Lords #1)

by E.R. Davis

1-tbr-own (1) ebook (1) erotica (1) iBook (1) isp (1) K (1) Kindle (1) Lunes & Lords (1) romance (1) sff (1) to-read (8) unread (1) untagged (1) urban fantasy (1)

This review was originally posted on my Alaskan Bookie website at:

There were things I like and things I didn’t like about this book.

First the things I like: I liked that this was a whole new concept on dragons and the people they choose to be with. Very Unique. I liked when Cora called the dragons, she also called to the ‘owner’ of the dragon, or Dragonlord. Luckily she was already attracted to the Dragonlord, seeing how she was about to become a mate.

Things I didn’t like: The main female in this book Cora was a toss between a chocoholic and a chocolate hater and she would switch back and forth at random. I mean if you really love something you go for it. You don’t throw all the chocolate out the window and promise never to look at chocolate again, only to stand in the window and gaze out at it longingly. One minute she is in love, the next she is moving to another state to get away.

I really hated how no one would actually explain what all the Dragonkeeper, Dragonlord, and Dragonmate stuff was supposed to work and Cora was left trying to figure it out on her own. So going about clueless and making mistakes is bound to happen and no one should be disappointment when that is exactly what happened. To me (the reader) I felt as confused as Cora, which isn’t a good thing.

This is part of a series of books, so you don’t get to find out what happens until the next book (or books) and that is always a disappointment. Just to leave off should be a criminal offense, punishable by removing all your chocolate for a year!

AlaskanBookie | Sep 23, 2013 |
Decent. I like the heroine, even if she seemed a bit young for her given age, and the plotline was original. More worldbuilding might have helped, I think. ( )
  GunnarGrey | Jun 18, 2013 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,015,418 books! | Top bar: Always visible