One for the Wicked: A Dark Mission Novel by…

One for the Wicked: A Dark Mission Novel

by Karina Cooper

ONE FOR THE WICKED by Karina Cooper is an interesting Paranormal Romance/Science Fiction/Fantasy. #5 in the "Dark Mission" series and the finale.While, "One For the Wicked" may be read as a stand alone, I feel you need to read all four to better understand the characters, and the plot. See "Blood of the Wicked","Lure of the Wicked","No Rest for the Witches(A Novella)","Sacrifice the Wicked",and "Wicked Lies". Follow,Dr. Kayleigh Lauderdale and Shawn Lowe on a journey of love with a bit of betrayal along the way. Filled with witches,enemies,the resistance,revenge,passion,desire,prejudice,secrets,betrayal and of course love. What happens when a witch meets a sexy bodyguard,"One For the Wicked",of course. A wonderful and powerful conclusion to the "Dark Mission" series,and one if you have followed along you will hate to see gone. Ms. Cooper is a wonderful storyteller,who using engaging characters and a great storyline. With a few twist and turns added in for extra measure. If you enjoy paranormal,romance, science fiction,fantasy and love than you will not regret picking up "One For The Wicked". Received for an honest review from the publisher.

RATING: 4.5

HEAT RATING: MILD

REVIEWED BY: AprilR, (Review courtesy of My Book Addiction and More) ( )
  MyBookAddiction | May 12, 2013 |
Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Pack Alpha - Michelle L. Olson:
*eARC provided by Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review

Oh Karina, way to go out with a bang! So intense, so HOT, so...absolutely amazing!! While I am super sad to see the series end, I am beyond honored to have been able to enjoy the ride, and thank you for leaving us all with this epic piece of your imagination. :)

So, how to sum up for those reading this review who have yet to take the DARK MISSION plunge? The series is set in a delightfully dark & somewhat dystopian world where it's church against 'other' and prejudice and bias have left the witches fighting for their lives. However, it's so much more than just the church bigots and the witches, and each and every book of the series revealed more and more complexity, mystery, and mayhem - all thrown together with some seriously emotional moments and incredible romance.

Our hero has been hell bent on revenge against our heroine's father - the man solely responsible for turning his life upside down sixteen years previously, so when he's presented with the opportunity to use his enemy's daughter as leverage, he jumps at the chance.

Unfortunately, it's not as easy as all that... Kaleigh and Shawn have an instant attraction, and no matter how much either of them fight against it, knowing that giving in goes against everything they've respectively been taught throughout their lives, nature takes its course and shakes things up (in more ways than one).

So how does it all end? Oh come on, I can't tell you that! You're just going to have to read it for yourself. I CAN tell you that Karina wraps things up beautifully with a strong couple who fights hard for their HEA while fighting just as hard to stay true to themselves, she brings back previous characters, which allows the reader necessary closure and ties up some lose ends from earlier installments, and she delivers it all in an action packed, intriguing, romantic, emotional, and utterly entertaining read that she should be very, very proud of.

LITERAL ADDICTION gives One for the Wicked an easy 5 Skulls and would highly recommend it. And while the books can be read as stand-alones, I do strongly suggest that you read the series from the beginning - in order - starting with the prequel novella, Before the Witches. Trust me, it makes things even better! :)

Oh, and random side note...I will never look at my studded leather cuff bracelets the same way ever again! ;-) [Now if that didn't make you want to read it just to see what the heck I'm talking about, I don't know what will!] Take the DARK MISSION plunge, you won't be disappointed. ( )
  LITERALADDICTION | Apr 25, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0062127756, Mass Market Paperback)

In One for the Wicked, the thrilling finale to Karina Cooper’s Dark Mission series, New Seattle’s witches will rise again...or fall forever.

Shawn Lowe has one mission: to get the cure for what’s killing the city’s witches from Dr. Kayleigh Lauderdale, the daughter of his chief nemesis. He knew the job would be difficult, but what he didn’t count on was their instant, undeniable attraction, a burning desire that neither one can control.

Sexy and satisfying, imaginative and atmospheric, One for the Wicked is a racy page-turner filled with nonstop action and plenty of passion, sure to please  fans of paranormal romance.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:16 -0400)

Possessing the only cure for what's killing New Seattle's witches, Dr. Kayleigh Lauderdale must keep her wits about her when the resistance sends their best agent, Shawn Lowe, to retrieve it.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,577,566 books! | Top bar: Always visible