Serafina and the Virtual Man (Serafina's,…

Serafina and the Virtual Man (Serafina's, #2)

by Marie Treanor

721,138,814 (4)None

The second book in the Serafina series is a multi-faceted and intriguing read with a unique and interesting concept.

The wealthy owner of Genesis Gaming, Dale Ewan has a poltergeist problem and in desperation calls Endinburgh’s unique psychic detective agency. Sera and her hacker friend find more than one spirit haunting the country house. While Sera fights the shadowy presence of the of the undead founder who threatens Sera and all her friends, Jilly encounters, Adam, Dale’s brilliant ex-partner who just happens to be trapped in his own new virtual reality system.

Grabbing the reader’s attention with unique elements that make this intriguing storyline stand out, this steady paced plot keeps the reader entertained from beginning to end. This entertaining story is brought to life with vivid images and strong compelling characters that capture the imagination.

The attraction between Jilly and Adam is red hot with scorching sex scenes but a little complicated with him being a virtual ghost. The author conveys the emotions and personalities of the characters with an intensity that makes it easy for the reader to relate to them.

The suspense builds throughout the story as Sera and Jilly investigate and find a tangled web with twists and turns that keep the reader guessing. The snarky and entertaining dialogue add depth to the story giving the reader a few chuckles. I love how the author brings us Jilly’s story while continuing to keep us entertained with Sera and Blair’s.

Marie Treanor does a great job of building paranormal worlds with fresh ideas to life bewitching her readers and this one is no exception. This complex and charming story is a fantastic must read and while I recommend reading the series in order for the background it provides it is not necessary. ( )
  Evampire | Dec 7, 2013 |
The crew from Serafina's is back again in this second installment in the series. While Sera and Blair are still very much active here, and the Founder makes a few shadowy appearances, the focus this time is on the beautiful yet emotionally distant computer geek Jillian Kerr. We learn about her childhood and family and why she has built so many walls around her heart in the midst of Serafina's latest case, a destructive poltergeist. The poltergeist is plaguing a highly-regarded video game developer, Dale Ewan, and his wife. Sera and Jilly discover that the poltergeist is all too real and that the Ewans have not exactly been forthcoming about events in their home. When Jilly literally stumbles into a new virtual reality game and discovers Ewan's deceased ex-partner, Genesis Adam (yep, that's really his name), things get even more interesting, especially when Jilly finds herself falling for Adam. Who is the poltergeist? What happened at the Ewans' house during an attempted break-in by Jilly's brothers? And why can't Sera reach Adam's spirit?

I found myself like the Serafina's gang even more this time around, so I'm definitely looking forward to book 3. They are all flawed and damaged in many ways, yet they have banded together into a motley crew that really does try to help others, both living and dead. They also all protect one another. Sera and Blair's relationship continues to develop, although there's not as much of them in this book. I hope to see more of Jilly and Adam (I just can't bring myself to call the man Genesis) in the next book. I have to say that both Jilly and Sera were slow on the uptake in this one, though, because I had figured out why Sera couldn't reach Adam's spirit much sooner than they did! ( )
  arbjames | Nov 25, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,303,457 books! | Top bar: Always visible