Pope Francis by Matthew Bunson

Pope Francis

by Matthew Bunson

Very informative and well organized book leading up to the selection of our current Pope. The process, although not the focus, was patiently laid out and carefully explained.I appreciate that certain presumptions (which can not be substantiated by facts), were supported by sufficient historical events and various proclivities that make sense. I sure wish the local news would bother do this when they throw their loose opinions around as definitive truths. Its insulting. Informed or not, I like to be treated with a little respect.

The media often distorts facts to please its sensation-craving viewers/listeners. Sadly, even with good intentions, they often provide a very limited perspective. And not everything should be viewed through political lenses. Addressing this particular problem, the Author managed to answer a number of my questions and clear up some unnecessary confusion. I really appreciated this.

I also enjoyed the brief history of the church in Argentina, and the animated glimpses into our Pope's childhood. If you are curious about Pope Francis and his mission, I highly recommend this book ( )
  YvonnevonInnes | Nov 10, 2013 |

Discusses the life of the first pope from the Americas, including his childhood in Buenos Aires, his Jesuit training, and his reputation as a man of the people.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,410,712 books! | Top bar: Always visible