The After/Life by Vardan Partamyan

The After/Life

by Vardan Partamyan

I enjoyed this very much! It was a very interesting take on the apocalypse and how a small group of survivors attempt to carry on. This sort story begins with our main character as a school age boy, at school when nuclear bombs fall. He and others in the school are whisked down into a bomb shelter. There, they attempt to reconstruct the semblance of a normal society. A power struggle and the question of whether or not they are the only remaining survivors begin to eat away at the stability of their undergound society.

The author's tendency to parenthetically tip the reader off to what's coming later in the story is the only complaint I had about the writing, which was terrific. It was exclusive and conveyed the things out the story very well.

Combined with a story line that held my interest consistently, this is a story that I highly recommend. ( )
  BlackAsh13 | Apr 9, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,776,884 books! | Top bar: Always visible