Gooseberry Bluff Community College of Magic:…

Gooseberry Bluff Community College of Magic: The Thirteenth Rib

by David J. Schwartz

This is actually one of the best fantasy novels I have read in a long time. Schwartz steps away from the trite and overdone supposedly fantasy genre vampire and werewolf supernatural novels to create a world of magic where the characters are both believable and fantastical. Having read a good many supernatural thrillers I can tell you that Joy Wilson has become one of my favorite supernatural detectives.

While there were some issues with formatting this is simply the nature of the Kindle translation itself and it does not detract from the plot or the characters. I would recommend this book to anyone aged 15 and up. Specifically I would say if you liked Harry Potter, or the Worst Witch series as a child and adolescent you will like this book. ( )
  arelenriel | Jun 7, 2017 |
I completed episode 1. I think this is going to be a good story. I have not read any of the Harry Potter books but I see this as being a similar type story.

I just read episode 2. Not too sure about this. There was only one chapter this time and it was kinda slow going. I am really hoping it picks up in the next episode.

ok episode 3 was much better! it's getting good now!! it ended in a terrific cliffhanger. now sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for #4!!

Just finished episode 4. It was really good. This book is getting better as it goes thank goodness. Anxious for Episode 5 now. ( )
  susancrowe01 | Apr 25, 2013 |

David J. Schwartz is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,021,940 books! | Top bar: Always visible