The Tegen Cave by Inge-Lise Goss

The Tegen Cave

by Inge-Lise Goss

This book places the reader right into the story from practically the first page, and I found myself reading half of it in one sitting because the characters, the story line, and the mystery had such a great pull on me I just had to find out what happens next. The story is told from the point of view of an independent and strong female protagonist Sara Jones who is desperately trying to make sense of her life in light of all the unexpected things happening to her lately.

Sara comes alive on the page and the author did a great job of getting inside her head and showing her emotions and innermost thoughts, so the reader is right there with her as her story unfolds. I don’t like to give spoilers in my reviews, but I will say that this is one of the most unique paranormal romances I have read in quite a while. The world this takes place in is meticulously constructed, and the language flows so well I had no trouble picturing the scenes in my head as they unfolded. It is also fast paced and packed with action and twists, which keep you guessing right until the end.

Highly recommended for all fans of paranormal romance and urban fantasy! ( )
  LenaBourne | Nov 26, 2015 |
The Tegen Cave is an intriguing, suspenseful and mysterious story that is unlike any I have read before. Author Inge-Lise Goss use of spiders to bring about fear and apprehension really pulled the story together. When Sara leaves her boyfriend Conner after learning of his family’s shady business she takes the advice of her companion on the bus and starts her life over in Billings Montana. A little while after getting settled in Billings she receives a package with a beautiful ring. Sara’s friend Nancy picks up the ring and is bitten by a spider that immediately paralyzes her. Suddenly Sara fears that her boyfriend’s family has found her and she is in danger. In a well written and fast paced adventure the origin of the ring and the toxin comes to light. Suspense mounts and mysterious circumstances ensue for a thoroughly entertaining experience. I highly recommend it! ( )
  AllyMcMahon | Aug 30, 2014 |
I like how the story presented mysterious incidents that took place at the beginning and at certain parts of the book. But with regards to one of the main character's predicaments that she can't seem to control, I wish she had shown more willpower to fight it.

Detail-wise, something in the plot made my stomach act up a bit. Thankfully, it was done sparingly—enough to make me continue and momentarily forget that I was getting kind of queasy. I can’t tell you much about that because if I do, I would be adding some spoilers here. You’ll just have to find out for yourself.

(Review taken from my blog post at http://sittiecateslovestories.blogspot.com/2014/03/book-reviews-tegen-cave-vril-...) ( )
  SittieCates | Mar 18, 2014 |
4 STARS

I hate spiders. Lots of spiders in this story. So it was a creepy crawly tale for me to read. I might end up sleeping with the lights on tonight. This book took twists and turns I did not expect. Kept me reading. Trying to figure out where the good guys or bad guys were.

Lots of dead bodies count in this book, lots of spiders, too many sex scenes, lots of bad guys and all around Sara Jones it evolves.
This is not a light hearted story.

Sara is a strong character. She is 24 years old. For the past few years she has been living with her boyfriend Conner who is 9 years older then her. Sara works as an accountant. She realizes what business her boyfriend's family is really in, crime. She plans to run away and plans well so she thought. Sara decides to head to Billings after meeting a woman on a bus. It sounds good to her.

When Sara gets to Billings she gets a job and is living in a hotel. As she is waiting for a person to help her find apartment she receives a package. She takes it up to her room and Nancy Stewart from the property management company comes with her. To talk about what she wants in a place to live. Sara is afraid that Conner has found her and sent the package.

Sara does not want to open it but does. Nancy asks to see the ring and while she is looking at it she is bitten by a spider. She immediately reacts to it. Sara calls 911 for help. After the ambulance is gone Sara runs into Brett. Brett offers to go with her to the hospital to give him just a few minutes. Before they are ready to follow Nancy to the hospital she gets a bunch of messages asking what hospital they took Nancy too. Nancy has disappeared. There is no record of Sara calling 911.

Sara calls the police and tells them what happened. They will look into it and find Nancy. Nancy has disappeared. Soon more people are being bitten and disappear. Sara even gets bitten but she is okay. She keeps finding spiders more and more spiders. The hotel is sprayed twice. Brett and Sara leave the hotel and move into Brett's co-workers house while he is out of state working.

Sara is not sure what to believe is going on. She has weird dreams and starting to suspect Brett and everyone around her.

If you like spiders and creepy mystery that keeps you guessing you will like this story. If you hate spiders worse than me skip this. I was not kidding about leaving the lights on tonight. I had better not see a spider.

I was given this ebook and asked in return to give honest review of it and be part of the blog tour.
Publisher: Silver Tongue Press (April 19, 2013) 268 pages ISBN-13: 978-0989254601 ( )
  rhonda1111 | Jul 15, 2013 |

After running from her boyfriend’s powerful organized crime family, Sara Jones starts a new life in a new town. But when people around her start dying from poisonous spider bites after she receives a mysterious package with a spider concealed inside, she worries that the family has found her. Life takes an even more bizarre turn when she seems to be not only immune to the spider venom, but also surrounded by a sinister group of people she suspects is a spider cult. Even her new boyfriend starts acting suspiciously. Just who can she trust?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:20 -0400)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Inge-Lise Goss's book The Tegen Cave was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,691,914 books! | Top bar: Always visible