The Right Bride by Jennifer Ryan

I am amazed how somebody can be such an idiot. That's how I'd described the H in this story. The worst part for me was that after all he did I was expecting some gravel and not such forgiveness from the h.
I wanted to hit him in the head with a baseball bat. ( )
  Angelzinhamia | May 12, 2017 |
This book was disappointing. Cameron was an important man when he was introduced in an earlier book however in this book he comes across as a wimp. Marti is the love interest in this book and she is amazing. She falls in love with Cameron immediately upon meeting him even though she knows he is taken. Their relationship if you can call it that is ridiculous. I was very disappointed in this story as it could have been so differently. ( )
  DunnFunKat | Dec 16, 2016 |
Tough one to review because first, I love Jennifer Ryan's books. Second, as unbelievable as this story was I still couldn't help turning page after page thinking Cameron would eventually wise up. Alas, no. Not until the end of the book. The story just didn't have any credibility really so for that I must say not my favorite of the series. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
Third book in Jennifer Ryan's "Hunted" series, reading order not particularly important, book can stand alone.

This is another hurt/comfort subset of the romance / thriller genre. Still lots of hurt, lots of comfort, lots of romance, enough thrilling.

Still lots of homophones / heterograph issues - and some spelling problems, too.

Frankly, the characters got on my nerves, and I just finished the book to finish the book. The "right bride" spends most of the book complaining about the "wrong bride" even though she is portrayed as a caring, independent, and competent young woman. The "groom" is clueless, even though he's a successful businessman, president of a large corporation, and a single father of a five-year-old daughter. All of the characters from the first two books spend quite a few pages telling the "groom" that he's clueless, the "groom" knows he's clueless, but he doesn't do anything about it until the end.

The two believable characters are the five-year-old daughter and the "wrong bride."

All of the above taken into account, I still enjoyed the book, but it's a good thing that the publication of the next one is far enough in the future that some of the irk will fade. ( )
  lynnspeer | Jun 23, 2013 |
It has been quite some time since I have read a contemporary, so I was a bit apprehensive, wondering how much I would enjoy the Right Bride. I have to say after reading it I have mixed feelings about it. It starts out with seeing both sides of the lives of Cameron and of Marti. We starts to see Cameron and Emma and the greediness of Shelley-who I really despise with a passion. We see even from the beginning that all she wants is Cameron's power and wealth, she has no caring toward Emma, and could care less about her well being. From the first page, you see how fake she really is. In the beginning I did like Cameron, he seemed to really genuinely care for his daughter. Marti, is passionate and truly cares about others. She has recently come home from traveling all over the world, she is a talented painter (even though no one knows it). Her grandmother taught her everything she knows, and now the one person in her family that truly cared about her has passed away. Marti believes that she has no one, until she meets a old man (who is like a second father to Cameron), and through a set of circumstances we see these two meet for the first time. Its basically love at first sight theme we have here. Marti deals with Emma so well, and there was a sense of love from the beginning. Even though in the beginning Marti knows that she and Cameron could never be together because he is engaged to another woman, there is still a powerful connection between the two. Marti is by far my favorite character of this story. She could be so endearing at times, and her emotions almost reach out the reader in a very real and viable way. Cameron, I had a really difficult time liking at any point of this book. I realized that his intentions were good and honorable, but in this modern day and age, is it really responsible to marry someone just because she is pregnant? I felt like he was a bit clueless about everything, and didn't see what was right before him...more so than most heroes. He never had faith in the one that truly cared about him and wanted him more than for his money. And dear sweet Emma, throughout the whole of this book, I fell in love with this little girl, who is sweet and innocent and only wants a mom that will really love her. There were multiple times that this story was so heart wrenching and almost broke my heart, it definitely kept me from putting it down, and it has been a while since I have had such a enthralling contemporary read that pulled at my heart strings so much. So I would recommend a box of tissues to anyone who wants to read this---you will need them.

Overall a emotional roller coaster of a read, but one that will make you fall in love as if it were the first time. A story of love and trust, and learning the importance of marrying the person for the right reasons, and not out of some sense of obligation. A heartbreaking romance that will steal your heart, a unforgettable read that will put you through a battle of emotions. Even though I didn't care for Cameron very much, there were many aspects of the story that I did enjoy quite a bit, so I would recommend it to any that like a strong and intense contemporary romance. ( )
  addictofromance | Apr 26, 2013 |

High-powered businessman Cameron Shaw doesn't believe in love—until he falls head over heels for beautiful, passionate, and intensely private Martina. She's perfect in so many ways, immediately bonding with his little girl. Martina could be his future bride and a delightful stepmother … if only Cameron weren't blinded by his belief that Shelly, the gold-digging woman he's promised to marry, is pregnant with his child.

High-powered businessman Cameron Shaw doesn't believe in love--until he falls head over heels for beautiful, passionate, and intensely private Martina. She's perfect in so many ways, immediately bonding with his little girl. Martina could be his future bride and a delightful stepmother -- if only Cameron weren't blinded by his belief that Shelly, the gold-digging woman he's promised to marry, is pregnant with his child. No matter how much his friends protest his upcoming marriage to Shelly, Cameron knows he has a duty to his children, so he's determined to see it through. Will he find out in time that Shelly's lying and Marti's the one who's actually carrying his child? It'll come down to the day of his wedding. After choosing Shelly over Marti at every turn, will he convince Marti she's his world and the only woman he wants?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,595,429 books! | Top bar: Always visible