Battle Bunny by Jon Scieszka

Battle Bunny

by Jon Scieszka, Mac Barnett, Matthew Myers (Illustrator)

Gran, Gran gave Alex a cheesy book about a little bunny for his birthday. Clearly, Alex is too old for such a silly story. But why waste a perfectly good book? Alex changes the story to be MUCH more exciting!
This book reminded me so much of my brothers. I am definitely buying copies of this book to give to them to read to their kids!
This book has been nominated for a Beehive Book Award. I don't doubt a bit that it will win that award.
  mollypitchermary | Oct 11, 2017 |
Fiction Book. This book would be great to use when you are going over revising, editing, and expanding on ideas. Students get to see what the revising and editing process looks like through this book.
  Shelby-L | Sep 19, 2017 |
A child named Alex has greatly improved an otherwise typical and frankly lame children's book called Birthday Bunny. It's terribly clever and very convincing. And not something I think I could have come across on my own, so it's a good thing I have book-loving friends to share these sorts of things with me. ( )
  melydia | Jun 2, 2017 |
Great to use to show students editing and revising sentences and stories and how they can completely change it. Also good for different points of view and use of describing words ( )
  rri002 | Mar 3, 2017 |
A commercially-made example of an altered book! ( )
  MCHBurke | Jun 22, 2016 |

Jon Scieszkaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Barnett, Macmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Myers, MatthewIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Alex, whose birthday it is, hijacks a story about Birthday Bunny on his special day and turns it into a battle between a supervillain and his enemies in the forest--who, in the original story, are simply planning a surprise party.

Jon Scieszka is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,413,659 books! | Top bar: Always visible