Every Rose by Lynetta Halat

Every Rose

by Lynetta Halat

226476,730 (4)None

This is most definitely Michael and Lorraina’s story. I was taken back by this story. It might seem like your typical, they loved each other since they were kids but one denied it until later on in life, book. But it isn’t. It is much more than that.
The characters in this book are not only finding the balance and the love that they have always shared, but they are also finding themselves and each other. I was in awe of this story. It is one of those sweet books that you just don’t want to end.
Now, before you get your hopes up. This is different from the typical love stories in other ways. First off, it will not be THE happy ending you want. It isn’t a sad one, but not what you will want to see. I was upset about this at first, but as the book truly ended, I was glad that it went the way it did. Why? Well, honestly, it was refreshing for the author to give me something different from what I get from most other books. It stands out away from others that may be similar because of this and other reasons. I am not going to go into all of the other reasons. That is something you would have to find out for yourself.
Join Lorraina and Michael in their journey of finding love and friendship. I promise you won’t be disappointed in this book. I am so glad I got to read it! ( )
  UANBookAddict | Dec 3, 2015 |
Hold on to your seats, because this book is going to blow you away. It's not often a book can rock me, still, months later. This story wrecked me, but it needs to be read. Follow Lorraina and Micheal through a heartbreaking journey, full of missed opportunities, self doubt, 'what ifs', but most of all, love and friendship. This first time author had me hooked from page one, and has made a fan for life! It was a truly phenomenal story, and I would highly recommend it to anyone! ( )
  BooksToBreathe | Jul 2, 2014 |

I was asked to read and review this by Lynetta . I am very thankful that she asked me to read and review this book .

My heart is heavy right now , I want to say I was not expecting what happened to happen , but I would be lying to you and myself . About 77% into the book I knew something was going to happen . I just felt it with my heart , everything was going to well. All I have to say is you need to buy this book , grab some tissues, and enjoy the story that your about to read. There will be love, loss, and more love, and finding peace.

Let’s back up a bit ,

This is the story of Lorraina and Michael. Lorraina was 13 years old when she first met Michael and their first conversation was him telling her that he would be her husband someday . Despite Lorraina feeling cynical about his intentions , she found him very intriguing. She rejected his proposal, but took on his friendship and they became best friends . Michael never failed to continually show or tell Lorraina exactly how he felt .

Lorraina , is a beautiful girl , she has long blonde hair, deep emerald green eyes. She is from a poor town and her father an unruly drunk , who thinks that she should never have anything to do with Michael , and she ultimately ends up hating her father .

Michael Dark Black hair , Brown eyes , he is American Indian- choctaw , he is sweet, caring , loving, he has the bad boy reputation. He gets in fights at school, he does not do his school work up to standards. He drinks with his friends. He is considered Trash to Lorraina’s dad , although I don’t understand fully why , because Lorraina’s dad has no problem drinking with Michael’s dad all the time , but he has told Lorraina to STAY away from Michael .

Michael and Lorraina go through school together , they sneak and talk to each other every night on the phone, Michael sings to her, recites poetry to her. Protects her from the classmates that pick on her or try to give her a hard time . Then suddenly Michael is gone out of her life 2 yrs later .

Lorraina goes through life and it has not been perfect by any means , she has some thorns of her own. She made some of her own bad decisions, and basically closed off to everyone, her family, friends, classmates. We get the story from Lorraina’s POV and we also get journal entries that go back and tell us of her and Michaels time together .

While in college Lorraina has no choice but to go home for spring break , and she is dreading going home. Once home she meets and goes out with her one friend Ginny, and they end up at a book store where Lorraina see’s some cards with Michaels Rose on them ( the same rose that he drew for her at one time) . she buys them all and the clerk tells her that Michael is playing there the next night .

The next night Lorraina goes there to see Michael and from then on it is like they have never been separated . I’m going to share their love through the quotes I loved in the book .

“My plan has always been to find my way back to you. I never gave up on you, ya know? I guess the old adage is true…‘ If you love someone, set her free. If she returns, it was meant to be.'"

"I’ve realized that I have to be with you and only you."

"I have your initials tattooed on my arm. I have your face tattooed in my brain. I have your soul tattooed in my heart."

so back to my 77% in I knew something was going to happen and when it did I was LIKE NO WAY WTH … Life is not fair sometimes. Sometimes the best things can come to a screaming halt and you need to figure out how to pick up the pieces and move on . I was halted at about 85% in the book . I cried, I felt the loss, And I wondered how the pieces where going to be picked up after such a major loss.
I don’t want to ruin the book for anyone , I will say this grab this book, read it with tissues and embrace the emotional journey you are about to take . When you are done I hope that you love Michael and Lorraina as much as I did .

Book Blurb:
I was thirteen-years-old the first time Michael Bang told me he would be my husband; this sudden proposal was made during our first conversation, which, for me, mainly served to solidify his bad boy reputation. Despite feeling cynical about his intentions, I found Michael intriguing. I may have rejected his proposal, but I latched on to his unique friendship like a lifeline in my own turbulent existence.
Putting the friendship label on our relationship didn't curtail Michael's interest in me, though. Instead, he pursued me relentlessly for two years until he essentially dropped out of my life as suddenly as he had popped into it.
I was devastated without him and went on to make the worst decisions of my life. One decision would fracture our tenuous connection and have me facing devastating consequences.
I didn't just lose it; no, I lost everything. My family, my friends, my hopes, my dreams. I simply quit feeling.
Everyone has to feel sometime, though; and by letting myself feel again, I nearly lose myself all over. But Michael is there and better than ever with his sage advice, caring soul, and unconditional love.
Once Michael reawakens me to life, I'll stop at nothing to gain back his love, his trust, and his heart.

Chris.BlogEmporium | May 6, 2014 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,090,946 books! | Top bar: Always visible