Revelation and Dust by David R. George, III

The book spends a lot of time going over what had lead up to this book. Since I had missed the Typhon Pact books it was really helpful. But for someone who had read the Typhon Pact books I suspect all the review could have been annoying. ( )
  nx74defiant | May 7, 2017 |
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
  Lunapilot | Jul 19, 2016 |
I found it to be slow moving. When the action commenced it was sporadic. I liked the character embellishments. I finally got a chance to know what happened to main characters from the past, but I expected more action. ( )
  lighten51 | Jan 28, 2015 |
I love the parts of this story that focus on the new DS9 and bringing a lot of the familiar characters back together. I also want to see Kira return. It took me a while to get into the Kira / Celestial Temple storyline in the book and this book comprises about a 50/50 split between that and the DS9 story. Otherwise, I would've given 5 stars. I'm sure the overall story arc will be well worth the time invested in reading. ( )
  TheMadTurtle | Jul 30, 2014 |
I wanted to like this a whole lt more than I did. Certainly it is well-written and old favourite characters are brought back but so are new ones that, to be honest, I don't care so much for. It dwelled a lot on the re-opening ceremony of the new DS9 and the memorial service for those who died in the destruction of the old,as well as what happened to Major Kira in the wormhole when it collapsed. All important and interesting to see the characters coping with their losses and reminders of the past, but it did seem to drag. When the assassination happened it was a bit of a surprise simply because I was lulled into the meanderings of the rest of the novel, but even that was apparently tied up quickly and then it was back to the old crew meeting up again. Some of which seemed to be only there to see their name mentioned.
Now obviously there are going to be more books following so these characters will be brought back and expanded, and this book was good enough that I'll likely read the next in the series. But if I wasn't already interested in the worldframe from watching the series I don't know if I would have stuck with it. I'm hoping that the next book will redeem any misgivings I had with this one. If you're a fan it's worth a read. ( )
  Dalziel | Apr 20, 2014 |
And all of us sail the seas of our lives, Each guiding the tiller by our own hand, Sometimes slipping far into unknown climes, Leaving us on some darkling shore to land.
We live as we can in that foreign realm, We hide as needed, or settle, or roam, Riding tide's currents, struggling to helm Our years, always seeking a return home.
When finally we find the course to brave, We set out on turbulent ocean flows, Staring down each trough, cresting every wave, Yet still we remain adrift in shadows.
__Akorem Laan, Revelation and Dust, "The Path To Ascendance"
To Karen Ragan-George, the light of my life, the beat of my heart, gracing my eyes with her tireless beauty, my ears with the lyric of her laughter, my spirit with her artistic essence, and my mind with her depth of intellect. I love you, my sweet, for now and ever.
She flew through the air anticipating the hard impact of her body against the unforgiving deck.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 147672217X, Mass Market Paperback)

The first novel in an electrifying The Next Generation/Deep Space Nine crossover event!

The Federation is rocked to its core as the Typhon Pact is suspected of being behind a barbarous act that shatters the fragile peace of the Alpha Quadrant. An original Star Trek novel, this is part of a five-book story arc that takes place over a sixty-day period, but it is not necessary to read each novel in order to follow the storyline, which involves all aspects of The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine universes.

™, ®, & © 2013 CBS Studios, Inc. STAR TREK and related marks are trademarks of CBS Studios, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:11 -0400)

With informative but accessible text, the sport is brought to life. This work offers an in-depth look at the sport, from its history and beginnings to the modern game, how it's played, who plays it and the rules that govern it. Packed with facts, stats and full-colour photographs, this is the essential guide.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,369,190 books! | Top bar: Always visible