Love Gone Mad by Mark Rubinstein

Love Gone Mad

by Mark Rubinstein

7619158,327 (3.19)None

Start to finish, this book delivers. The plot, the characters and twists and turns make this one of the most compelling page turners I've read. Once you start reading, you're hooked and that's a good thing. Conrad is riveting. Kind of reminds me of Silence of the Lambs. You don't like the guy, but he sure is interesting. Combines the best of the nature of animals with the worst of the nature of human beings. Riveting character and one that stays with you. Mr. Rubinstien, my congratulations on writing such a fascinating book. Thank you. It was a pleasure to read! ( )
  DianneDHarman | Sep 14, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I got this book for free from Early Reviewers to review. It was definitely a page turner thriller! That being said, the book is about an ex-husband stalking his ex-wife and her new lover. Yup that's pretty much the basis of the book. What's interesting about it is how sick and twisted Conrad is and how far he'll go to kill them.

For the rest of the review, visit my book blog at: http://angelofmine1974.livejournal.com/70851.html ( )
  booklover3258 | Apr 16, 2014 |
OK book, easy read> ( )
  reggieboo | Nov 22, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I wanted to like this book. I tried really hard to like this book. But I couldn't even finish it. Maybe it's not fair to review a book without finishing it - but I couldn't get through it. The premise is good - the dialogue and story line between the two me characters was cheesy. I received this book as part of library things early reviewer program. ( )
  ariterp | Oct 31, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book reads a bit like somebody learning how to drive a car with manual transmission. You think it will never get going, then it smooths out and you get somewhere, then bogged down again...repeat....repeat. It kept me reading until the bitter end, but it wasn't an entirely pleasant trip. The romance is sappy and the big surprise completely unbelievable. Not as far fetched as the premise of how the bad guy supposedly smelled out his prey, that was truly pathetic. If you can look past these flaws, the suspense and stalking plot is OK. I received a free copy of this book from LibraryThing in exchange for a honest review. ( )
  sjthszn | Oct 11, 2013 |
I received this book as a First Read book. I couldn't wait to get started on it, because quite honestly I loved the cover. I've never read anything by Mark Rubinstein, so I truly did not know what to expect. The book starts very descriptive, almost too descriptive at first. We learn how Adrian's beer feels when it hits the back of his throat and what it feels like in his stomach. This, at times, can make the plot go very slow. I think there is something to be said about too many adjectives, especially describing one thing. Maybe it's just me, but it was slightly annoying.

In spite of the descriptive language, there are times that leave you wondering, "What just happened?" I don't want to give any spoilers for those who plan to read the book, but there was an incident that happened at the very beginning that was rushed. One minute he's having a beer, the next you are wondering what just happened? I think there were many times throughout the book where the scenes could have been slowed down a bit to give the reader more understanding, or if it had been properly developed you wouldn't be left wondering why.

Adrian is a heart surgeon. Within the first few chapters he meets a nurse named Megan. He's searching the lunchroom for a place to sit and coincidentally the only place he spots is with her. It's love at first site and you can almost hear what the other is thinking. It's too perfect and too predictable. I really don't think the characters were as developed as they could be.

The two are stalked by Megan's ex-husband. The scenes that follow with the conflict involving this character are page turning. I have to admit, once I picked up this book and really got into it, it took me less than a day to finish. In spite of the lack of depth in places, the book was exciting and you were left wondering if they would be ok, wondering what would happen to the ex during the hearing, and wondering what would become of the relationship.

The book ended with a twist that I really wasn't expecting. Overall, the book was a good read, especially if you are looking for a fast paced interesting read. I can't give half stars, but if I could it would def be 3.5 out of 5. While it was interesting, I couldn't get past the fact that the novel felt rushed.
added by mhammontree | editLibrary Thing (Sep 23, 2013)

Love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave. Song of Solomon 8:6
Adrian Douglas heads for the operating room doors.

When heart surgeon Adrian Douglas and Megan Haggarty, RN, meet at the hospital where they work, neither has any idea of the scorpion's nest into which they've stumbled. Strange and frightening events begin happening to each of them; someone is after them both--and the stalker is not only brilliant and crafty, but vows to exact revenge for the ultimate betrayal. As things spin out of control, Megan and Adrian fight for their lives.

When a spine-tingling trial for attempted murder is resolved, things return to normal--or so it seems. But more chilling surprises await the couple as Love Gone Mad rockets to a conclusion that brings the legal, medical, and psychiatric communities to their knees.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:48 -0400)

When heart surgeon Adrian Douglas and RN Megan Haggarty meet at the hospital where they both work neither has any idea of the scorpion's nest into which they've stumbled. Strange and frightening events begin happening to each of them; someone is after them both - and the stalker not only is brilliant and crafty, but vows to exact revenge for the ultimate betrayal.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Mark Rubinstein's book Love Gone Mad was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,428,650 books! | Top bar: Always visible