Leonardo by Melissa Schroeder

Army medic Leonardo Santini is captivated by his friend's physical therapist. Unfortunately for him, she has no designs on getting romantically involved with a military man. He's not ready to throw in the towel though. She's a spitfire, and he wants her. Getting her to go out on a few dates with him are challenging enough, but when feelings erupt, will he be able to hold on? Will she let herself be held on to?

Maryanne "the Battleaxe of BAMC" Johnson is already up to her ears in military men. Her father and four brothers are all Marines and she works in a military hospital. Getting attached to one would just bring heartbreak. So what if her body responds automatically whenever she catches a glimpse of him. She will not cave. But that's the thing about hard heads. Sometimes they go soft.

Leonardo was a fast paced read, packed with a lot of humor and a heroine that was quite a handful. On the outside both of them seemed to put up a tough exterior, but it was their few vulnerable moments that made them so likeable. Luke more so than Maryanne. The best part about this story for me was the familiarity I felt while reading it because I know all the places they visited. The chemistry was great, the love scenes were sizzling, the drama was both funny and sad, and Mama Santini rocks! I can't wait to read about the next Santini brother.

Favorite Moment

"Well, those guys are wimps. I'm made of tougher stuff than that. I'm a Santini."

[...]

Everything in him said to take her then, lay her down on his bed and show her how much he loved her. But his mother had other plans.

"You're a Santini who's about to get your ears boxed if you don't open that door in the next ten seconds."

Disclaimer: I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  MsRomanticReads | Jan 22, 2016 |
Kat's staff pick for 7/29/13.

Nice start to a promising romance series. I like the concept and look forward to reading the other books. ( )
  AReCafe | May 23, 2014 |
This was an OK book. I didn't hate it, but I wouldn't recommend it either. ( )
  johnsong4 | Sep 27, 2013 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,062,739 books! | Top bar: Always visible