The Wedding Soup Murder by Rosie Genova

The Wedding Soup Murder

by Rosie Genova

I love the NJ shore and family dramas. This book has both. I was a bit disappointed in the romance, but since this is part of a series I assume that will take a while to resolve. Still, the mystery was a clever one and it took both the heroine and her sister-in-law some time to solve it. Nonna is the perfect family matriarch, strict but loving. There are recipes in the back of the book that I must try. All in all, a very enjoyable read. ( )
  penelopemarzec | Jan 19, 2016 |
  penelopemarzec | Nov 19, 2015 |
Like a sumptious feast of Italian cuisine, Wedding Soup Murder satiates both body and mind. After our wedding, my brother took the entire wedding party to the Ristorante della Fontana in Salt Lake City. They don't put all the food on the table at once; each meal there had seven courses, so there was elbow room, plenty of time to talk with your tablemates, and no rushing to eat everything before it got cold.

Ms. Genova dishes up exposition and action at the right amounts at the right times to bring out the full flavors of this book. 'Nonna' may even be proud. In the opening chapter, we learn that Vic is making 1,000 (that's one t.h.o.u.s.a.n.d) tiny meatballs for the Wedding Soup her family's restaurant is providing for the wedding reception of a family friend. If Nonna ever gets tired of cooking (as if!), she could go on to co-ordinate military campaigns that could put the Joint Chiefs of Staff out of business. Vic's ex-boyfriend is a chef at the restaurant. Danny (Vic's brother) and his wife Sophia are separated. Each of these threads continues throughout the book in one form or another.

Once getting to the country club's kitchen, they are 'greeted' (if you can call it that) by two Michelin-star egos chefs, and the club's imperious president, who disapproves of anyone or anything that doesn't measure up to her standards ... which is pretty much everyone and everything. At the end of the evening, someone apparently had their fill of disapproval and the club president wound up over done (dead) on the beach.

Here some of the traditional elements of cozy mysteries kick in. Of course, the heroine, Vic, has to start investigating. The local authorities (in this case, her brother Danny) tries to warn her off. Then Vic and her investigation start to rub some people (oh, the killer, you know) the wrong way, and things get a little ... dangerous. But each of these elements is handled with such wit and just the right amount of seasoning, that Wedding Soup Murder will leave a smile on your face and a wonderful memory in your heart for a long time ... or until the next installment comes out. ;) ( )
  LuAnn.Braley | Dec 19, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451415159, Mass Market Paperback)

More information to be announced soon on this forthcoming title from Penguin USA.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:42 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,081,926 books! | Top bar: Always visible