Moonlit by Jadie Jones

Moonlit

by Jadie Jones

272402,159 (5)None

The cover made me choose this book. It is so beautiful. I love the horses. Wildwood, the horse farm in Shenandoah Valley, made me think of Bonanza. Does that date me?

I was amazed by everything in this book. I loved it. It took me places that I haven’t been before and didn’t see coming. It was riveting from beginning to end. I can hardly believe this is Jadie Jones’ debut novel.

This novel has everything and more that you would want in a paranormal story. It was very well written and the characters come alive on the pages. Watch out for the twists and turns and be careful of who you trust.

Even after being warned, Tanzy takes her nightly ride on Hopewell. When someone tells you don’t go in the woods, then don’t. It is not going to end well. I always laugh when I come across this example in the books I read. Don’t open the door. Don’t go down in the basement……….

I was crushed when I realized I wouldn’t find out what happened to Tanzy until the next book. I hope Jadie Jones is a fast writer because I can hardly wait to get my hands on Book II.

To read reviews for the entire trilogy: http://www.fundinmental.com/jadiejones1-excels-in-moonlit-trilogy-all-three-revi... ( )
  sherry69 | Mar 17, 2016 |
Title: Moonlit
Author: Jadie Jones
Publisher: WiDo Publishing
Genre: Young Adult | Urban Fantasy
Reviewer Rating: Five Stars

Moonlit was a book that I came across at a point in time when it was offered up as a free read. It wasn't until most recently - when I was searching through the Kindle app on my iPad, looking for something to read - that I actually started reading it.

Horses are among my passions, and when I discovered that horses played such a significant role in Moonlit, I was hooked immediately!

The writing was fluid and very descriptive. There are times when I have difficulties envisioning a scene in my head. I experienced few when reading this story. Many times, I felt as though I were there.

The characters were engaging. Many of them surrounded with mystery for much of the tale, but when I slowly started putting the pieces together for myself, I found myself almost giddy with anticipation.

I cannot say enough good things about this book. So much so that - once I finished it - I was thrilled to discover that the sequel was available, which I immediately purchased.

I would recommend this book for anyone who enjoys reading the young adult and urban fantasy genres as well as those who love horses as I do. ( )
  Dawna.Kreis | Jul 8, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,634,372 books! | Top bar: Always visible