Goldenbaum Untitled 2-11: A Seaside Knitters…

Goldenbaum Untitled 2-11: A Seaside Knitters Mystery

by Sally Goldenbaum

Murder in merino, a Seaside Knitters mystery by Sally Goldenbaum
Have read the others in this series and have enjoyed them. Sea Harbor, MA and it's autumn.
Julia Aimsley has come to town, a writer and she meets Ben, who hosts the weekly Friday feast with townsfolk along with his wife Cass.
Others in town are trying to plan their 40th wedding anniversary party but they just want quick drink and appetizer one night.
Lots of things going on with the others in town. One gets murdered and those at the yarn store start questioning others and bringing clues to those investigating to try to figure out who killed the man.
Love how this one takes us back 20 years and there are some around that can answer those hard questions.
  jbarr5 | Oct 31, 2015 |
I’ve had this series in my TBR (to be read stack) for ages, but it took the publisher sending a copy of MURDER IN MERINO to review for me to finally read one. I’m very happy this happened. Ideally I would start at the beginning of a series, however I started here with book 8. Author Sally Goldenbaum helped a lot with me learning the characters quickly by putting a Cast of Characters list in the front of the book. Such an awesome idea!

In MURDER IN MERNO, author Goldenbaum doesn’t have the “finding of the body” scene until well into the book. I liked this. I enjoy getting to know about the characters and surroundings before getting into the investigation. Also, with this book, there is no mention on the cover blurb as to who the victim is. It was fun getting to be surprised.

Ms. Goldenbaum knitted a wonderful mystery filled with surprises. From page to page I never knew for certain what would happen next. When the pieces fell into place, I was pleasingly shocked with the outcome.

After the story, check out the back of the book for a great knitting pattern and a delectable sounding recipe for Seafood Salad!

It may have taken a while for me to start into this series, but I’ll for sure have it on my required reading list for now on. ( )
  LisaKsBookReviews | Apr 28, 2015 |

More information to be announced soon on this forthcoming title from Penguin USA.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:34 -0400)

Izzy is helping the Seaside Knitters make a magnificent throw to celebrate the fortieth wedding anniversary of her aunt and uncle, and she and her husband are finally selling the cottage she lived in before she got married and had a darling baby girl. To Izzy's surprise, newcomer Julia Ainsley seems determined to buy the home-- although she's never set foot inside. But on the day of the open house, a body is uncovered in the cottage's backyard, and a tragic happening, long buried in the sleepy seaside town, is slowly brought to the surface.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,758,771 books! | Top bar: Always visible