Do It Tomorrow and Other Secrets of Time…

Do It Tomorrow and Other Secrets of Time Management (edition 2006)

by Mark Forster

Shows how to achieve a day's work in one day - without bowing to the tyranny of 'urgent' emails, phone calls and other interruptions. The author shows how to prioritise and organise and use modern technology to our advantage without feeling harassed and stressed by the sheer amount of work it appears to generate.… (more)
Member:bren
Title:Do It Tomorrow and Other Secrets of Time Management
Authors:Mark Forster
Info:Hodder & Stoughton Religious (2006), Paperback
Tags:productivity, organization, time management, gtd

Do It Tomorrow and Other Secrets of Time Management by Mark Forster

Foster offers a fresh, wise system for greater productivity -- he blasts the traditional "to do" list in lieu of the "will do" list. The keys are: reduce random events, schedule realistic and doable tasks that can actually be accomplished each day, carve out time for system maintenance on a regular basis and attack long term projects in pieces on a daily basis before attempting any other daily tasks. Great, clear advice.
1 vote gooutsideandplay | Aug 1, 2010 |
The most useful book on working efficiently and effectively that I've read for a long time. Helped to galvanise a lot things I was already doing half-heartedly or discovering partially, as well as introducing some new ideas and tips. I like that Mark works from home as his own boss - he has discovered how to crack most of the issues I've run into doing the same. The chapter on procrastination is bizarre but true - we really can learn to catch our reactive brain off-guard using our rational brain.

Top tip? Rather than work half-heartedly when you have one of those days where nothing is pressing, set a deadline of finishing early! Work efficiently and effectively to 2pm, and then take the rest of the day off rather than working half-heartedly til 6pm! I'm really going to try that one!

I will be coming back to this book regularly to review my systems and thought processes. ( )
2 vote markhadfield | Jun 2, 2010 |
I found that I had already developed a lot of the suggestions as my own way of doing things, but I found the idea of a "Current Initiative" to be a better idea than my usual method of keep transferring a "to do" and never actually doing it because it seemed overwhelming. ( )
1 vote Libbeth | Oct 19, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 140,116,814 books! | Top bar: Always visible