The Wish by RJ Nolan

The Wish

by RJ Nolan

721,138,814 (3.25)None

This is my first taste of this author. Taste as this is a short story prequel to a series. I'm not sure, going in, if this will be a full short story, a scene, a few scenes loosely connected, or what. (oh, the forward, which I had already been looking at, said 'vignette').

This is 0.5 of the L.A. Metro series starring Kim Donovan and Jess McKenna. Both of whom are doctors. (I was going to say that I have no idea why I originally thought this involved the police, but then I blinked and recalled - it's the metro part, just reminded me of metropolitain police, but metro means so many things).

Okay, enough writing stuff before I actually read. Let's dive in.

There are two points of view. Kim Donovan and Jess McKenna. Firs part follows Kim. Second follows Jess.

Time of Year: New Year's Eve - (Part 1: 11:40 p.m., Part 2: 8:50 pm)
Location: Part 1: Yacht Club - Grosse Pointe, Michigan, Part 2: McKenna's residence - LA, California

Kim Donovan is at a charity event for a foundation that raises money for children with AIDS sponsored, the event not the children, by Kim's mother's country club. Kim is a reluctant attendee. More because the mother is using the event to push any and all men towards Kim. Mother knows Kim is a lesbian but refuses to accept it.

Kim has blonde curly hair, blue eyes, and just moved back to Michigan 8 months ago. She currently has a lover, but that lover is super closeted.

Brandon is someone that Kim meets at the event who acts as something like a beard, to deflect the mother bringing yet more men over to Kim. Though Brandon himself is already partnered up. With a Donald.

Jess McKenna currenly lives in Los Angeles. Is single. Has a sister named Sam who is a police officer. Has a dog named Thor.

Both are super lonely. And both wish they weren't.

Story is super short and ends at the 37% mark on my Kindle. And is not a short story, but a couple of scenes. Well written scenes, but still.

May 1 2016
  Lexxi | Jun 26, 2016 |
Should have been a free preview. WAY too short. Was sweet, but didn't get the chance to really connect with the characters due to its brevity. ( )
  ilex011 | Sep 9, 2013 |
To everyone who is still looking for their soul mate.

Never give up. You never know when or where that

special someone will come into your life.
The floor-to-ceiling windows provided a panoramic view of the water.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,467,399 books! | Top bar: Always visible