Shattered Blue by Jane Taylor Starwood

Shattered Blue

by Jane Taylor Starwood

541,436,638 (4.5)None
Recently added byPeg_G, gpangel, slrfmriley, JaneStarwood

Shattered Blue is a fast-paced and riveting romantic novel by Jane Taylor Starwood.

This emotionally charged romantic suspense tugged at my heart as Matt and Shane’s romance – love, at first sight – unfolded before my eyes. I totally fell in love with Matt after Shane revealed to him, her deepest darkest and most shameful secret, and to her utter relief, Matt just held and cradled her. Shane suffers from PTSD, and what she had mistakenly thought were only flashbacks were in actuality real events that were happening to her. Her abuser, whom she assumed was long dead, was not only alive, but toying with her.

Shane goes to great lengths to keep her past from affecting her present. And for a time she succeeds…that is, until her past, comes roaring back and threatens not only her life, but the life of everyone she holds dear. This time, however, Shane is not the same scared child. She fights back with an inner strength that she didn’t even know she possessed.

Shattered Blue held my interest from the first page until the last, and I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the book was also crafted with some unforeseen twists and turns in it. This is a well-written engrossing novel, and I would recommend giving it a read.

~ 4 out of 5 stars ~Review by Peg Glover
  Peg_G | Mar 29, 2015 |
Shattered Blue by Jane Taylor Starwood is a 2013 independent/self published release. I was provided a copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Shannon is living out away from most of civilization with only one close friend in town, no family, husband or kids. Why? Well, her step father recently died in prison after pulling a con with his son that took money from many innocent people. Shannon changed her name to Shane and left her life in New York and started over. When she gets a new neighbor, Matt, she's less than thrilled, no matter how nice looking he is.
Hiding from her family's sins is not all Shane has to contend with. She still suffers from a childhood trauma and recently she has been getting some hang up type calls that has her concerned. A neighbor that insist on being, well, neighborly is a complication she would rather do without.
Matt is selling his portion of a business that has left him with few money concerns. He is getting a divorce and living a slower paced lifestyle than he had in LA. He learns that his neighbor is not too happy about the two of them sharing a hill, so he decides to introduce himself. He is totally blown away by Shane. She was rude, but Matt is determined to show her he is no threat to her peace of mind and that maybe he's one of the good guys.
I really enjoyed this classic style romantic suspense novel that reminds me just a little of Linda Howard or Sandra Brown. If you their style, you will really like this book. Shane's/ Shannon's dark secrets and family crimes have put her in serious danger. When Matt gets involved with Shane, he too becomes a target when the bad guys realize they will need to get him out of the way in order to get to Shane. There are many twist and turns , high intensity suspense and steamy romance. Shannon will learn to trust, to heal , and she will learn the power of friendship, community and love.
I seems like there are only a handful of RS authors out there still giving us this type of thrilling suspense. Mostly these are authors that have carved out a niche for themselves with this formula and it is their bread and butter. There aren't many new authors writing RS like this, though. I like a good action romance book with hot military heroes as much as the next person, but I miss the standard RS format. I hope this book and this author will help bring this style of writing back into the mainstream. This was a wild rollercoaster ride. 4 stars ( )
  gpangel | Apr 18, 2014 |
This is quite the enjoyable and impressive debut novel!"
-InD'Tale Magazine

"It is surprising that this hasn't been snapped up by a traditional publisher."
-TheRozReadingChallenge.com (Don't Read That Read This)

"'Shattered Blue' is a hit. The writing is descriptive and varied ... the characters are funny and vulnerable and real, and the action is high. Although it is her first foray into fiction, Jane Taylor Starwood ... knows what she's doing."
-TheBookSheRead.com ( )
  JaneStarwood | May 23, 2013 |
This is quite the enjoyable and impressive debut novel!"
-InD'Tale Magazine

"It is surprising that this hasn't been snapped up by a traditional publisher."
-TheRozReadingChallenge.com (Don't Read That Read This)

-TheBookSheRead.com ( )
  JaneStarwood | Apr 28, 2013 |

Jane Taylor Starwood is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,801,750 books! | Top bar: Always visible