The Weller by Adam J. Whitlatch

The Weller

by Adam J. Whitlatch

212,551,640 (4)None
Recently added byaudiobibliophile, valoise

My original The Weller audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

After seeing the cover with a man clad in trench coat, goggles, and head-wrap, I assumed it was some sort of post-apocalyptic scenario. Upon reading the synopsis my guess was all but confirmed. I was intrigued by the premise of a world without readily available water and the obstacles one must overcome to live in such a world

Following the 12-minute war, most of the world's water became unfit for consumption. Matt Freeborn is a Weller with a no BS attitude. In a world devastated by war and tainted my radiation, water is gold. He seeks out and wells drinkable water, offering it for trade. Matt goes up against mutated creatures, realizations of the past, and worst of all...Distillers. After a group of pirates steal the car of Matt's friend, Radar, they follow the trail to a town that is under the thumb of a greedy and spoiled man; a distiller. Freeborn despises distilling and, having heard stories from the residents, decides it is time to put an end to the man's despicable acts. Too bad it was easier said than done...

It's a book that blends a Mad Max style post-apocalyptic backdrop (complete with car chases and road bandits), with a "Spaghetti Western" style plot that was popular in the 60's and 70's, and a dash of Dirty Harry for good measure. I was very pleasantly surprised with this story. It's an action-packed tale of an unwitting hero that forces it's characters to make tough choices, and live with the consequences. Follow Adam J. Whitlatch as he takes you on journey through a future that could have been, and a past that can't be changed.

It was A.W. Miller's job to add voice to that journey, he did great. This was my first book by the narrator and I was very pleased with the performance. He's talented with voices and reads at a great pace. His inflections and reactions fit dialogue well, and made the story more engrossing. The great production quality, mixed with a very good performance by Miller, makes this a book I'm extremely happy I stumbled across, and him a narrator I will be keeping and ear out for.

Audiobook was provided for review by the narrator. ( )
  audiobibliophile | May 18, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,174,323 books! | Top bar: Always visible