Finding Your Heart II, A Gay Romance Happily…

Finding Your Heart II, A Gay Romance Happily Ever After

by Lex Valentine

641,268,033 (2.5)None
Recently added bySirsangel, vampkiss, maybedog

Finding Your Heart II was short and sweet in it's own way. Casey has come home to his hometown, and catches up with Paul, his former lover. Some words pass between them, they end up at Paul's hotel where they talk some more and then some sizzling sex takes place. Sounds like a 4 star review for sure, right?

Nope. Here's why. I downloaded this and the Finding Your Heart I. Read this one first. Attempted to read the second one. What a cop out. All the author did was change he to she, him to her, cock to cunt..and put out a second book, second version. If this was an experiment by Ms. Valentine, it failed miserably, in this reviewer's opinion. If a book can so easily have the pronouns change, the gender of the main character, then there is nothing special about that character.

By doing this with Finding Your Heart, Ms Valentine cheapened what had been a decent read to being nothing but another piece of smut with not rhyme or reason. Ms. Valentine has lost a potential reader in my, unless someone can convince me she's worth taking another look at. I hope she doesn't do this with another book. If so, I can assure you, I'm done. So. Finding Your Heart II, the one I actually finished reading comes in with a ** review. This is down from the intended **** review I had ready until attempting to read Vol. I. Bad move, Ms. Valentine. Bad move.

This is what the author say on Smashwords:

This is the result of a conversation I had with author Patric Michael who said I should take a story and make a het and a gay version. The idea is that the story isn’t about gender but emotion. The 2 books aren't exactly the same. However, the reason they are mostly the same is because love is love. Gender doesn’t matter when your life is miserable and your only shot at love has been lost.

Sorry, Ms. Valentine. Cop out. Gender Doesn't matter when you're hurt, but all you did was demean BOTH books by doing this. I suggest this experiment failed, miserably. ( )
  Sirsangel | Jan 17, 2015 |

This is what the author say on Smashwords:

Sirsangel | Jan 17, 2015 |
The author wrote virtually the same story twice, one as a heterosexual story and one as a gay story. Apparently she was talking with someone else and decided that emotion was emotion and it doesn't matter if you're gay or straight.

Well, I think that may be true up to a point, but how people express it, the way they actually feel those emotions do differ, not just by gay vs straight, but also by gender. When I read this, I thought it felt odd, like something was wrong and/or missing. Once I found out that it was a het story not even reworked but just pronouns and body parts changed, it made sense. Now I'm not sure it was that great a story to begin with. Casey is pretty pathetic and it was hard to get behind him but it wasn't the worst story I've ever read. It just wasn't up to the other story of hers, Entangled, that I read and really liked. ( )
  maybedog | Apr 5, 2013 |

maybedog | Apr 5, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,293,227 books! | Top bar: Always visible