A Matter of Propriety and Parasites (Dark…

A Matter of Propriety and Parasites (Dark Matters) (Volume 2)

by Claire Robyns

111820,536 (5)None

In A MATTER OF PROPRIETY AND PARASITES (DARK MATTERS Book 2), we take up Lady Lily d’Bulier’s story and the fight against demons in a Victorian England that is dark, dangerous and dashing.

Ms Robyns’ writing style is maturing wonderfully – there is the same imaginative world building, fast pace and character development that we saw in Book 1 of this series A Matter of Circumstance and Celludrones.

In addition, there is a confidence in the style of this book that shows up as a thrilling (and often funny!) tension between the characters, a risky battle to save the world from the rising demons and a final scene that had me holding my breath and turning the pages as fast as I could!

Even if you haven’t read Book 1, this book is an excellent read as it has enough background information for a new reader to follow the story and get to know the characters. For someone who’s read the first book, there’s much more new stuff to read as well! Lily grows up and grows bold, Lord Greyston Adair makes a difficult choice about Lily and the delicious Kelan McAllister … well. I can’t tell what he does because that will give away too much of the plot.

Add to all of this an exciting cover and a well-formatted, well-edited book and this is another great read from someone who is fast becoming a favourite romance author. ( )
  JudyCroome | Apr 29, 2013 |

Claire Robyns is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,422,498 books! | Top bar: Always visible