Picture Perfect Corpse by Joanna Campbell…
222476,730 (4)None

I can't say I cared much for the nurse character. He's necessary, (and I did like him) but in a a storyline way it's a much too apt way of explaining everything that's going for death and dying to the other characters. I kept expecting him to "be the bad guy" or something.
  Schlyne | Nov 12, 2015 |
Probably one of my favorites of the Kiki Lowenstein books. It picks up just minutes after the last book, when Kiki was shot. As she is healing and taking care of her soon to be baby, Chad Detweiler's wife Brenda is found dead, and Chad's gun is implicated in the murder. There are some great sub-stories here. The growing relationship between Kiki and Sheila, the serious issue of "cutting" by young people (often girls) and the imminent death of Kiki's boss Dodie. All in all this was a barn burner of a story that delved into serious issues and kept Kiki guessing.

I sorta had an inkling about "who dunnit" in the killing of Brenda but wasn't sure enough to say I figured it out, it was just one of a couple of possibilities for me.

Now, since this one was left as a cliff-hanger I can't wait for the next one. ( )
  bookswoman | May 24, 2013 |

Police detective Chad Detweiler is overjoyed to learn he’s having a baby with Kiki Lowenstein. But when his estranged wife, Brenda, is found shot to death with bullets from his revolver, the proud papa-to-be finds himself up the creek without a lawyer. Meanwhile, Kiki and Dodie Goldfader are in for a surprise when an unidentified young woman bursts into their craft store claiming to have killed Dodie’s son. Embarking on a memorial scrapbook project as a ruse to unravel the facts, Kiki can’t stop herself from wondering if the man she loves is tangled up in murder.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:32 -0400)

Police detective Chad Detweiler is overjoyed to learn he{u2019}s having a baby with Kiki Lowenstein. But when his estranged wife, Brenda, is found shot to death with bullets from his revolver, the proud papa-to-be finds himself up the creek without a lawyer. Meanwhile, Kiki and Dodie Goldfader are in for a surprise when an unidentified young woman bursts into their craft store claiming to have killed Dodie{u2019}s son. Embarking on a memorial scrapbook project as a ruse to unravel the facts, Kiki can{u2019}t stop herself from wondering if the man she loves is tangled up in murder.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,420,990 books! | Top bar: Always visible